Make a donation

Author Topic: CRASHED THE BEAST :'(  (Read 28237 times)

Offline mart.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: CRASHED THE BEAST :'(
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2016, 11:39:57 am »
I told both my insurer and the ombudsman to go and have a look and find me a other replacement with the spec mine had having collated various adverts. Their answer was you would expect to negotiate on price and advertised prices aren't what the car sells for hence why they only use cap and glass values not adverts. I argued that better spec cars can be worth more in the market above those values to which they were having none of it. I even offered for them to go and haggle the Window price on the car given they were handing me that advice. Surprisingly they said no.

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2016, 01:00:51 pm »
barstuards  :fighting:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2016, 07:20:46 pm »
Hi all just an update as to the third party insurance company calling me and now throwing threats at me.

This is the email I received below.

During our recent conversation, we offered you a replacement car. We advised you we could get a 2ltr Volkswagen Golf at a cost of £26.11 per day payable by us – free to you.

We understand you are hiring on a credit hire basis which costs exceed those we would otherwise pay. This means any costs not recovered from us, you must pay under the terms and conditions of the contract you signed.

You have a legal duty to keep your losses to a minimum. We must also warn that any hire charges from today's date are your own responsibility.

We can still offer you a suitable replacement vehicle. If you cannot get the same offer elsewhere, it seems you should accept our offer to meet your legal duty to mitigate your losses. You can keep the hire car you have if you wish, but we repeat this will be at your own expense.

If necessary, we may bring this letter to the court’s attention in any future proceedings.

Offline mart.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2016, 07:24:11 pm »
I asked the question to my insurance company if I would be liable for the charges. I was told it was scaremongering so they can keep their costs low. The credit hire company told me they wouldn't take the case on and offer you a hire car if they weren't confident of recovering the charges. Still worth toning your insurance company and informing them as the insurance company won't have seen that letter.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2016, 08:10:13 pm »
thanks mate, I think I'll go ahead with the claims company as I don't like the way the thit's parties insurer are trying to scare me off by claiming through another party as I had the lies last time and swore I would never allow the insurance to take on my car's repair or other.
I'll print out this email and take it with me but I'm confident the claims guys will deal with crap like this.

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2016, 11:39:49 pm »
Hope ur ok pal gutted to hear ur news cars can be fixed, hope it's not a long drawn out claim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2016, 11:50:48 am »
Cheers Trow81 yes they can be fixed but will never be the same again  :sad1:

just going to the claims company now and see what Tey have to say.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2016, 03:32:22 pm »
Cars gone to the claims company and they've given me a Passat  :sick: but dsg so guess I can't complain too much :smiley:
Now to wait and see what happens.  :scared:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2016, 06:19:48 pm »
Cars gone to the claims company and they've given me a Passat  :sick: but dsg so guess I can't complain too much :smiley:
Now to wait and see what happens.  :scared:
Good luck with it pal. This all sounds mega stressful

It must seem a million miles away right now, but the day will eventually come when it's all sorted. Just really sh*t for you to have to go through such a headache to get there. I've always said it - insurance companies belong in the wild west.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2016, 06:42:52 pm »
Thanks mate, I seriously cannot wait for all this to blow over and I get what's rightfully deserved as right this minute I'm constantly thinking of what will happen and what the damaged costs will be and whether I'll get a decent payout as you'll soon find out when I'm bit***** on here about it  :doh:

Charlie23

« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »
Whats the crack after mate? Any news??

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2016, 05:28:52 pm »
Nothing yet @charlie28 got a call from engineers side twice now given them the relevant details of contact as it shouldn't have been me.
Waiting to hear back now.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
UPDATE ON THE CRASHED BEAST :'(
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2016, 11:55:27 pm »
Hi guys I'm back and in need of some advice.

The claims company have gone behind my back and getting the car repaired but that's not the problem!. Problem being they were meant to show me the report so that I can agree to what's damaged or add anything if needed but they've been stalling me not answering the phone or giving me straight forward answer to the question as to where's the report and I want to see it and make sure everything has been put down before the solicitor sends it to the third party insurer for clarification.
My last car was poorly repaired by insurance repairers and I don't want that to happen again and working in this field I know how they cut corners and glue things together and let the customer take the car and have issues later on.

Can I ask to get the car repaired myself and get the report sent to me.

thanks

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2016, 08:25:13 am »
You don't have to get it fixed at the insurance companies choice of garage. You can choose your own garage, but you have to get the insurers to agree to use that garage first. i.e. you cant just get it done then present them with the bill.  I'd recommend doing everything in writing so there is a record, not by phone.  Write to then and say tyou are not happy as you haven't seen the report. Say you want repair done by (eg main dealer or bodyshop you trust) and you want to see the report first.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2016, 12:30:06 pm »
Thanks @Flyingscotsman

Called the solicitor up and she said she'll have a word with her director when I told her this claim company are keeping me in the dark about the car being a total loss or repair and she has given me the report which doesn't state alloy damage suspension damage and geometry out.

Spoke to the claim company who is trying to say they get the car repaired and I stopped him and said I told you that I'll get the car repaired from someone I trust as my last car was poorly repaired so make sure he calls me back today to confirm this as I'm not having anyone repair my car but my repairer. He's trying to say I signed something and I said you did it was formalities and just to say they can process my claim and nothing more.
They're trying it on.