Make a donation

Author Topic: MFSW, Highline Clocks  (Read 988 times)

Offline Hendry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
MFSW, Highline Clocks
« on: November 14, 2016, 07:40:55 pm »
Hi guys, just inherited a 2009 Jetta 2.0 CR TDi 140 Sport from my dad and despite being the highest spec Jetta there is, it's missing a lot of features I'm used to from previous cars, wondering how easy it would be to fit these to the car.

First thing is the MDI, the car being a 2010 model year has the RCD310 stereo like the mk6 Golf has, I've driven a few mk6s with this head unit and the MDI unit underneath the front armrest, would I be right in thinking all that's needed to fit it to my car is the MDI itself, the armrest that the MDI unit slots into and the loom from the MDI to the head unit and it's as simple as that?

Secondly, mk6 Golf HVAC controls, my car has climatic air con, not the digital climatronic, I'm led to believe that the mk6 Golf uses electronic rather than cable driven ways of changing the direction of the airflow between windscreen, feet, face level dash vents etc but otherwise the unit will fit mk5s and Jettas and the fan speeds and hot/cold settings will still work ok, HOWEVER 2010 Jettas still have the mk5 Golf dash but with mk6 HVAC unit, so surely they won't have redesigned the 2010 Jetta to electronic rather than cable driven air direction so sourcing an HVAC unit from a 2010 Jetta rather than a mk6 Golf one, although both look identical, should work?

Mk7 Golf keys, would it be as simple as ordering a blank mk7 Key from a dealer but with the blade cut to my key code and then programmed to my car? Or is there anything stopping them from working on earlier cars, like different immobiliser and central locking systems? As the mk7 key looks much neater and more modern than mk5/6 ones and I like the idea of having a GTD logo embossed onto the chrome part.

Mk7 stalks, these look a lot smarter and more modern than mk5/6 ones and the functions seem identical, can I just swap them over for mk7 ones or will they not physically fit or work?

Finally, MFSW and highline dash clocks/even mk6 or scirocco clocks. My car being the Sport spec already has a midline dash with trip computer, it's also got cruise control, this was never standard on the Sport spec and was available as a factory optional extra, mine looks to be retrofitted however, on the front cover of the owners manual there's an official looking sticker saying "retrofitted speed control system" so I'm guessing this was either a dealer fit or was done at the distribution centre, I think the car was previously a rental car because the PDI stamp is a proper VW dealer stamp but says Paragon Automotive who aren't listed anywhere as a VW dealer, seems they PDi fleet and rental cars for manufacturers, Anyway I've read up and it seems In order to fit a MFSW you need a CH coded steering wheel controller but that you need one of these in order to have cruise control so I'm thinking with my car having cruise already it may already have a CH coded one so all I'll need to do is physically swap the steering wheel over for one with the buttons on it?