Make a donation

Author Topic: tte420 or lo400 or mdx507 or TurboZentrum EFR6758 or something else??  (Read 19979 times)

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
Re: tte420 or lo400 or mdx507 or TurboZentrum EFR6758 or something else??
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2016, 07:26:40 pm »
Sorry guys meant to post earlier. I buy this in bottles of 5 from this crowd. Lovely lady called Cheryl handles the shipping etc. She's great to deal with.

I was gobsmacked by the difference it made. I would always have been squarely in the snake oil camp on this kind of stuff!!

It's not cheap mind!!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a good (or bad) experience with it :happy2:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172359017167

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2016, 07:34:50 pm »
Sorry, also meant to say the manufacturer recommends 100ml per 60ltr tank.

They're 300ml bottles. So that's enough for 3 tank in each bottle. To be fair I just lashed in at least half a bottle the last two times I've used it. Maybe that's why it was so effective :laugh:

If you use it as the manufacturer recommends it works out about a £5 per tank. Not too bad considering it actually seems to work :happy2: :smiley:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2016, 08:03:51 pm »

They're 300ml bottles. So that's enough for 3 tank in each bottle. To be fair I just lashed in at least half a bottle the last two times I've used it. Maybe that's why it was so effective

If you use it as the manufacturer recommends it works out about a £5 per tank. Not too bad considering it actually seems to work :happy2: :smiley:
Can I suggest creating a thread for this? It might be getting missed as it's hidden in a thread about turbos. If it works then there would be merit in getting the word out a bit and seeing if any sort of objective testing can be done. I'd like to know what the tuners think.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 08:34:30 pm »
I'll see if I get mine measured in my tuner's dyno to compare with just BP Ultimate 98 RON. :happy2:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2016, 09:13:36 pm »

They're 300ml bottles. So that's enough for 3 tank in each bottle. To be fair I just lashed in at least half a bottle the last two times I've used it. Maybe that's why it was so effective

Can I suggest creating a thread for this? It might be getting missed as it's hidden in a thread about turbos. If it works then there would be merit in getting the word out a bit and seeing if any sort of objective testing can be done. I'd like to know what the tuners think.

That's a great idea. @fab5freddy recommended it to me. His CDL motor with a tte420 (I think?) is detuned to 409hp in the stuff. Hopefully he'll post his thoughts here

I'll see if I get mine measured in my tuner's dyno to compare with just BP Ultimate 98 RON. :happy2:

Good stuff Shoduci. Maybe once you've got a bit of hard data for us we can do a new thread and spread the word.

The only thing I can think of is that I installed a new thermostat at the same time as i started using it. But surely a new stat wouldn't equal extra globs of midrange shove??

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2016, 10:17:09 pm »
Nah, unless your engine temp was really low, I don't think so. I'd bet on the octane booster instead. :smiley:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2016, 11:17:48 pm »
Nah, unless your engine temp was really low, I don't think so. I'd bet on the octane booster instead. :smiley:

Me too  :happy2: :happy2:

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 02:38:27 am »
I'll base my review on what i know, and i'm no expert, but here in Ireland octane booster is a must, we only get 95 RON standard at the pump  :mad:

This stuff was recommended to me by my tuner, he is a good friend of Niki R tech and they have worked closely on maps over the years and share info on tuning the TFSI.

NF has made a noticeable difference on the performance of my car, i've no technical data to back this up, but i've been using it for the last two years and there's real mid range shove that wasn't available previously.

More over than any performance gain is knowing that my engine runs better, free from potential knock.

I use half a bottle per tank, which by the manufacturers calculations should take me to 98 RON, most of you run these levels of octane as normal practice. 6 octane per bottle is what the manufacturer claims, so do the maths, you guys should hit 105 if you use a full bottle.

Before going TTE420, i ran Ko4 stage 2+ for 3 years, same hardware, i used NF before the swap and noticed a real difference.

I think it has to be said before people get carried away, this isn't a remap in a bottle, it will certainly help, but please be realistic  :smiley:

@Shoduchi would be great if you can get it on the dyno and graph the real differences  :happy2:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2016, 08:20:27 am »
fab5freddy makes a really good point :smiley:

The standard pump fuel in Ireland is rubbish!!

More like American fuel than U.K. or rest of Europe fuel. 95RON at best over here.

When my car was mapped initially (same tuner as fab5freddy) it only made 184hp and 200ft/lb bog standard. And 224hp - 240ft/lb after stage 1 map. Most UK cars will make 200hp standard and 240/250hp after stage 1.

So we're starting with a deficit.

When I asked my tuner his thoughts he commented on the possibility of the ECU pulling timing to compensate for our rubbish fuel. He's certainly seen it before.

Now that I'm running the NF I imagine the car (hopefully) has an Octane somewhere closer to what it's designed to have (circa 98/99). Therefore it's probably performing closer to its design specs!

It will be very interesting to see if a car like Shoduchis, which is used to a diet of 98RON, will see an appreciable difference from the booster??

Here's my Dyno plot for anyone that's interested...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:38:15 am by ducman77 »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2016, 09:34:39 am »
Good info @fab5freddy and @ducman77

@Andy could you split this into a new thread if you get a chance?

I'm thinking about R-Tech; Niki's maps are written specifically for 99ron fuel. Increasing the octane level of what's in your tank to 105 on a 99ron map would more than anything provide an extra level of safety/reliability over knock etc, like you guys have suggested.

But what happens when Niki or Rick write a map specifically for 105ron? Theoretically he could run even more timing and we could be looking at considerable gains. I'd imagine such a map would be switchable in conjunction with a 99ron map (in case you ran out of magic juice).

The more I think about this the more it sounds like (a very easy) water-meth. Which still sounds too good to be true!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 03:30:34 pm by AJP »

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 05:45:29 pm »
The more I think about this the more it sounds like (a very easy) water-meth. Which still sounds too good to be true!

That's exactly why I went for it. It was the knock protection I was after. E85 is unobtanium in Ireland. And water meth is quite a lot of hassle so I thought I'd give this a lash!! My personal results (grant it only on my butt Dyno) have really surprised me. Joe Power (who is Irelands Niki Gower - and good friends and a collaborator with Niki) swears by it.

Since my stage one Map (Dyno print above) I've fitted new red coils, a DV+, a full 3in TBE exhaust, and a ramair oversize induction kit.

I have an RS4 FPV, a Peron intercooler, and VIS pump internals to fit in the next few weeks. Then I'm going back to Joe for Stage 2 mapping.

The plan is to run a couple of tanks with no NF booster in before I see him and see what the baseline results are. Then we'll add the booster and see what happens :rolleye:

Hopefully like Shoduchi we could then have some quantifiable info to share.

Won't be happening today or tomorrow but when I have the info I'll post it right up  :happy2:

Regards,
Dave

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2016, 05:52:26 pm »

That's exactly why I went for it. It was the knock protection I was after. E85 is unobtanium in Ireland. And water meth is quite a lot of hassle so I thought I'd give this a lash!! My personal results (grant it only on my butt Dyno) have really surprised me. Joe Power (who is Irelands Niki Gower - and good friends and a collaborator with Niki) swears by it.

Since my stage one Map (Dyno print above) I've fitted new red coils, a DV+, a full 3in TBE exhaust, and a ramair oversize induction kit.

I have an RS4 FPV, a Peron intercooler, and VIS pump internals to fit in the next few weeks. Then I'm going back to Joe for Stage 2 mapping.

The plan is to run a couple of tanks with no NF booster in before I see him and see what the baseline results are. Then we'll add the booster and see what happens :rolleye:

Hopefully like Shoduchi we could then have some quantifiable info to share.

Won't be happening today or tomorrow but when I have the info I'll post it right up  :happy2:

Regards,
Dave
I'll be interested to hear what you find. Ask Joe whether there's the potential for a 105 ron map where 99 fuel is available.

And if you can stretch to it get an uprated fuel pump on before the map. They make a big difference!

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2016, 07:24:37 pm »
I'll be interested to hear what you find. Ask Joe whether there's the potential for a 105 ron map where 99 fuel is available.

And if you can stretch to it get an uprated fuel pump on before the map. They make a big difference!

100% AJP. I'll ask Joe.

I'll be fitting a set of VIS pump internals before I go back to him. Bit of an unknown quantity the VIS pump internals so wish me luck :happy2:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2016, 07:41:51 pm »

100% AJP. I'll ask Joe.

I'll be fitting a set of VIS pump internals before I go back to him. Bit of an unknown quantity the VIS pump internals so wish me luck :happy2:
I didn't read your post properly did I! Should get a nice result with those mods. I suppose the VIS internals are more of an unknown quantity than the likes of Loba or APR, but those pumps were an unknown quantity themselves at one point. I think the thing with internals is making sure the installation into a pump is done well.

Good luck!

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2016, 08:15:30 pm »
I've contacted the dyno owner and he's also curious to know the difference. I'm also going to add a VWR intake but preferably just after doing a couple of runs with the booster to see what I get with the current VWR/ITG panel filter. :smiley: