Make a donation

Author Topic: As you are making a list Steve.............  (Read 3498 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
As you are making a list Steve.............
« on: October 31, 2008, 08:43:16 pm »
How about a dealer review section.

It can be quite a big section if you wish it to be, for instance a small sub section for each UK retailer(including contact details) which then allows reviewers to leave comments for all to see.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: As you are making a list Steve.............
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 09:50:43 pm »
Yep another good idea, I think this could become part of the member recommendations and reviews section I will be creating shortly.  :smiley:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:15:52 pm »
Done, created a child board here http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=20.0 so a thread can be started for each VAG dealer.

I will post some guidelines shortly.  :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 11:35:23 pm »
I've put a couple of sample ones in - What do you think?
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 06:48:37 am »
I've put a couple of sample ones in - What do you think?

Perfect, Thanks Stu.  :smiley:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 10:18:44 am »
Hmmmm, I'm not to sure on the actual content in that forum.  I thought it was just for recommending the good guys, rather than just being a copy of Volkswagen UK website contact details!  :surprised:

EDIT: in this section only: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=22.0
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 10:27:02 am »
Think you missed the point Sean.

The first post in each thread contains the dealers information in full, it is then up to the membership to add their own reviews of the service etc that they recieve at that specific dealership.

So it should be possible, when fully populated, to go to that section and look up your chosen dealership for a review.
Stu...

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 10:36:48 am »
Think you missed the point Sean.

The first post in each thread contains the dealers information in full, it is then up to the membership to add their own reviews of the service etc that they recieve at that specific dealership.

So it should be possible, when fully populated, to go to that section and look up your chosen dealership for a review.

Ahhh, gotcha!  :happy2:  :drinking:

So, do you think it might be worth making that forum so that normal members can NOT make new threads - just make it so they can reply by posting in the existing threads?  Otherwise, we might end up with more than one entry for Loaders of Dorchester, for example.  :smiley:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 10:54:12 am »
I don't know enough about the workings of that forum to answer that mate.

It wouldn't be a huge issue as the mods could move any posts to the correct thread and delete the misplaced thread.
Stu...