Make a donation

Author Topic: camber issues  (Read 901 times)

lamplighter

camber issues
« on: December 05, 2016, 07:20:10 pm »
Hello all i had a bit of an accident last Thursday on my way home from work with a white van man coming round a bend on wrong side of the road on a country lane ,i had to take evasive action as not to hit him in doing so i hit the edge of the road where the tar mack had broken away with a thud actually a bloody big thud i limped the car to a local pub to find i had blown the Tyre so took the wheel of to find a small dent in the rim of the wheel.

I have had the wheel checked out and all good and a new Tyre fitted, so tonight i went and got the tracking looked at and the camber on the left side is way out bearing in mind i only had the tracking done last Saturday so compared the readings .

The guy in the garage said well its bent somewhere and he cant adjust the camber.

SO QUESTION IS  if i change wishbone, shock, drop links will i be able to get he camber back correctly???

Lamps     

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: camber issues
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 10:03:16 pm »
Would most likely be either the control arm or there's damage to the upper perch if it's camber that's gone beyond specs. ARB and its drop link won't, or shouldn't, affect camber...toe more likely in that case.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1