Make a donation

Author Topic: Which brake caliper refurb kit and rear brakes.  (Read 1012 times)

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Which brake caliper refurb kit and rear brakes.
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:17:07 am »
Awrite everyone.

I have s3 front calipers. I'm looking to refurb them with new pistons etc can anyone point me in the direction where to get the kit.

Also i have standard rear golf edition 30 brakes on the rear and i'm trying to buy pads and discs on eurocarparts, but the choice and sizes are endless. Anyone know which one i'm needing.

These are the calipers on the front just incase its needed to know which refurb kit i need.

Thanks

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=selvr8b912h5q7hg1tck997ehb&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Which brake caliper refurb kit and rear brakes.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 12:55:03 pm »
Unless there is a problem with the piston then I wouldn't bother replacing the piston. Also, not even sure if they are available to buy separate.

Piston seal and boot kit is available from the dealers.

4ndy

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 06:46:38 pm »
Not too sure Id tackle my brakes.  As you know its not the speed that kills its the stopping :driver:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 10:45:01 pm »
Cheers lads. I'm going to get the calipers checked but i'm pretty sure one is sticking so was just wanting to have a look at what prices are.

I've had it checked a few times, new pads and discs and still squealing. I know they can do that but it seems like alot more than it should.

Also when i go out in the morning it feels like the brakes are stuck on when i pull away especially if i need to reverse.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:49:13 pm by howie1987 »