Make a donation

Author Topic: Piersburg Diverter valve  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Piersburg Diverter valve
« on: December 21, 2016, 08:30:05 pm »
Hi all, just a quick one to see if anyone on here knows much about these.
I've took my diverter valve off today to see which one was on my car as I was looking to upgrade to the DV+ for stage 2+ but I have found that I have a pierburg one which is apparently a revised oem fit and forget version can anyone on here shed some light on wether I can run this on stage 2+?
This is the link to the part https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/audi/a3-8p/oem-1-8t-2-0t-2-5t-piston-diverter-valve-06h-145-710d/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
Re: Piersburg Diverter valve
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 08:56:53 pm »
Looks the same as the one I have fitted to mine but I upgraded to GFB DV+ anyway. Mines standard at the moment but even so throttle response feels better, I'd upgrade to GFB DV+ if I was going to the stage you're planning.

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 09:04:55 pm »
Looks the same as the one I have fitted to mine but I upgraded to GFB DV+ anyway. Mines standard at the moment but even so throttle response feels better, I'd upgrade to GFB DV+ if I was going to the stage you're planning.
Thanks for the info mate! I think I will upgrade to dv+ in that case just nice to know I'm not wasting money if I don't need too. Can I use the housing of the piersburg dv to put the new dv+ do you know?

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 09:24:47 pm »
The valve you have now is more reliable but will leak due to its design. The DV+ is a great upgrade and will utilise the standard solenoid
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 09:31:08 pm »
Thanks for the info mate! I think I will upgrade to dv+ in that case just nice to know I'm not wasting money if I don't need too. Can I use the housing of the piersburg dv to put the new dv+ do you know?

Yep, that's what I did with mine.

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 09:33:13 pm »
The valve you have now is more reliable but will leak due to its design. The DV+ is a great upgrade and will utilise the standard solenoid
Ok no problem I'll get a DV+ ordered in the new year in that case then! Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 09:42:40 pm »

Yep, that's what I did with mine.
Awesome, thanks again :)