Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 refurb colour  (Read 1409 times)

willni

Edition 30 refurb colour
« on: April 20, 2017, 10:26:01 am »
Hello,

Thinking about refurbing the alloys on my edition 30, since they have white worm and curb rash from the previous owner. I'm not sure what colour to go with it's red, so don't particularly think the standard colour  light anthracitey colour suits it, and hypersilver will make them look like aftermarket bbs or replicas. so suggestions?

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Edition 30 refurb colour
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 11:02:41 am »
I like the color of mine when there slightly dirty. like a light smoked gray colour. Personally, I wouldn't go too far away from OEM
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

willni

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 12:58:30 pm »
I like the color of mine when there slightly dirty. like a light smoked gray colour. Personally, I wouldn't go too far away from OEM

I like the oem colour but I just think on the face of the alloys it looks dirty

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 04:47:50 pm »
Gold.

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline spesh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 06:53:55 pm »
I'd do gold on a red car also  :happy2:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 08:11:39 pm »
I've been wanting to do my pescaras gold but I'm worried it might not suit or might want to go back to silver (my cars candy white).

Tempted to go down the route of plasti dip but can't see the right colour - either look too light or too dark. The golf in that pic has the perfect colour  :happy2:

willni

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 10:30:50 pm »
I've been wanting to do my pescaras gold but I'm worried it might not suit or might want to go back to silver (my cars candy white).

Tempted to go down the route of plasti dip but can't see the right colour - either look too light or too dark. The golf in that pic has the perfect colour  :happy2:

I've see a dark yet bright gold (think it was a bbs gold 'mock' refurb) on a set of BBS RS on a new white polo and I actually thought if I had a white car I'd absolutely do that, but would want a normal set for winter. Found the link
http://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=61166&hilit=mart%21n&start=60

Think I'd add two more shades of bronze to deepen it for a stronger look though.

And for everyone else that commented I don't think I could do red and gold, unless the car was lowered etc and I want to keep it standard. Think I might go for the Apple iphone Space grey with gloss on top, think it will be quite a oem look but custom at the same time

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 10:03:50 pm »

I've see a dark yet bright gold (think it was a bbs gold 'mock' refurb) on a set of BBS RS on a new white polo and I actually thought if I had a white car I'd absolutely do that, but would want a normal set for winter. Found the link
http://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=61166&hilit=mart%21n&start=60

Think I'd add two more shades of bronze to deepen it for a stronger look though.

And for everyone else that commented I don't think I could do red and gold, unless the car was lowered etc and I want to keep it standard. Think I might go for the Apple iphone Space grey with gloss on top, think it will be quite a oem look but custom at the same time

Yeah I agree - needs to be a little darker.

Will have to be trial and error for me lol

willni

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:49:34 pm »
Yeah I agree - needs to be a little darker.

Will have to be trial and error for me lol

I actually googled silver with gloss metallic plasti dip for my colour. Might work for you to give you a rough idea of what you want