Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo standard settings  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
Revo standard settings
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:06:10 am »
Right im putting my car back to standard setting with the select plus becuase there is now piont running it remapped with the roads as greasy as they are at the minute,
One question i have thought of though is in the next month i have got to do a 500mile round journey, can the select plus settings be used so i dont have to use optimax and can put standard shell fuel in for the journey as there is no real need to have any extra power as most of the journey is motorways.
Or is it still a big no no?

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Revo standard settings
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:08:11 am »
not a good idea to use bog standard fuel in these engines anyway. so no, just revert the settings and keep on the vpower. you get more miles out of vpower anyway so works out just about the same price so why not?!!
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:13:04 am »
That was my impression to just didnt know as i read somthin about 91/95ron fuel in the select plus manual,
What poeples mpg gone down to since there remaps?

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:16:05 am »
^ Agree with NB07 here.  Using cheap 95RON fuel can almost be considered as a false economy due to the decrease in MPG you will see.  I have never put 95 RON in my S3 and never will unless it is absolutely unavoidable.

If you really do want to change your settings with the SPS the main difference between 95 RON fuel and 99 RON (VPOWER) is the amount of timing advance which can be run safely.  If running 95 RON fuel the maximum timing advance I would advise you to run with REVO would be T2/3.  Also as usual don't go changing any setting settings without out first logging the pre and post effects.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:20:10 am by KRL »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 11:25:18 am »

Right im putting my car back to standard setting with the select plus becuase there is now piont running it remapped with the roads as greasy as they are at the minute..

l need to have any extra power as most of the journey is motorways.
Or is it still a big no no?

....All you have to do is learn to modulate your right foot so your acceleration is more progressive, smoother and avoids/reduces wheelspin.

Otherwise I would definitely take notice of NB07 and KRL's advice - Only ever use 99/100 RON and, if you must, just switch to 'Stock' performance mod and don't mess with the B/T/F settings unless you absolutely know what you are doing.

Enjoy your trip  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 11:45:05 am »
Cheers guys, yeah im just gonna put it to the stock settings and keep it on optimax.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 02:25:51 pm »
Only problem with turning it down/off - when you do want it you have the them turn it back on, maybe turn it down a little and take off the lead boots  :wink: