Make a donation

Author Topic: just installed bluefin stage 1 on my gti!  (Read 4336 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: just installed bluefin stage 1 on my gti!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 08:21:23 pm »
is it wise to leave the bluefin unit in the car in case of problems then can flash back to standard?

what sort of problems are you thinking about ?, i guess having it in the car if its under warranty is a good idea :wink:

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 09:31:08 pm »
ive been close to getting one a few times but they are always sold ( reset one)

I've got a reset one after selling my Edition 30 ..... will be on here in a month if you are still interested then !   Can't sort out selling before as have an important exam coming up so am being good and studying  :innocent:

Offline GTI_Daz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 12:37:58 am »
Does everyone here reccomend Bluefin? I have ben toying with getting a remap, does this just plug in and load?
I have teh Milltek exhaust and non res centre section, but not the other parts, what else do I need to get the full potential out of my exhaust?
(Oh, and sorry to hijack the thread!)

quite a few do, i have it on mine and now i have the proper map i do like it alot, for an off the shelf DIY option you cant go far wrong

I definately would recommend it. fitted it to mine a couple of weeks ago now what a difference its made. totally different car, or so it feels. Cant wait for stage 2!  :party:

Offline stevie_p

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 08:59:07 am »

I've got a reset one after selling my Edition 30 ..... will be on here in a month if you are still interested then !   Can't sort out selling before as have an important exam coming up so am being good and studying  :innocent:

i'd be interested :happy2: is it the same software off the ed30 for the gti? i have a gti. would i have to purchase anything else from superchips if i buy a reset one?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 09:11:28 am »

i'd be interested :happy2: is it the same software off the ed30 for the gti? i have a gti. would i have to purchase anything else from superchips if i buy a reset one?

As long as its reset you wont have to pay anything, the seller would have to cover these costs to get it reset, as for ed30 and Gti they are a different map, but when you buy the handset theres not really a map on it, you plug it into the car and it downloads your map and then superchips send you the revised map to your handset  :happy2:

Offline DubED30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 01:21:56 pm »
Is the Bluefin re-flash traceable when it goes into the garage e.g Flash count??????

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 01:32:20 pm »
Is the Bluefin re-flash traceable when it goes into the garage e.g Flash count??????

Not on the Mk5.  :smiley:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 01:34:45 pm »
iirc it adds 1 to your flash count then takes 1 off of the flash count every time you flash the handset on your car.

so should essentially stay on the same number whether you flash you the car once or a hundred times.

I have been known to be wrong on occasion though :ashamed: