Make a donation

Author Topic: Some one tell me im nuts!!!!  (Read 7252 times)

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
Re: Some one tell me im nuts!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 11:26:41 am »
a mk6 ED35 would have this forum wetting themselves  :signLOL:
Would there really be any point in a mk6 Ed35?

I could see the point int eh Ed30 as the standard GTI could do with more power and a bit better styling. Since the R32 was V6 powered and heavy, the ED30 slotted iin nicely between GTI and R32.

With the mk6 having a GTI AND R  both with a turbo engine, an ED35 would again have to slot in between them and I just can't see a big enough gap between GTI and R in the mk6 for anything to go in between.

I'm sure I'll be proved wrong though  :grin:

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 11:32:46 am »
Robin

Hmm interesting point :happy2:

But my opinion is that the Mk6 has already been introduced with the new VW group engines the tsi's and common rail engines etc so is for a while future proof if there is such a thing. But then again i can see where your coming from if anything we will see in 2012 a updated MK6 with tweaked engines and probably different style wheels and a new colour introduced then that will run until the MK7 is launched in 2015ish thats my guestimate :happy2:

Ben
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:43:04 am by B3n »

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 11:42:46 am »
a mk6 ED35 would have this forum wetting themselves  :signLOL:

I could see the point int eh Ed30 as the standard GTI could do with more power and a bit better styling. Since the R32 was V6 powered and heavy, the ED30 slotted iin nicely between GTI and R32.

With the mk6 having a GTI AND R  both with a turbo engine, an ED35 would again have to slot in between them and I just can't see a big enough gap between GTI and R in the mk6 for anything to go in between.

I'm sure I'll be proved wrong though  :grin:

They have always introduced a EDsomething.
The current Golf R is a replacement for the R32 as VW have stopped producing the 3.2 engine so instead of having a MK6 R32 they are having just a golf R and using a Tsi engine.
Im not saying they are definately going to be making a MK6 ED35 its just they have always done a anniversary model regardless of what else they have produced if they aint going to be introducing a ED35 then there will be something coming out at the end of the current model's lifespan manufacturers always have.

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline DubED30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 01:14:15 pm »
Its not usually like me to make a rash decision and get something "wild" like a GTi, but driving from Stranraer to Glasgow on my first long trip i averaged 44mpg, and ive done 230miles so far in this second tank with another 190 left. Im over the moon with those figures as before i bought it i thought id be happy with 300-350 to a tank.

You are obviously not driving your car correctly!!!!! :driver:

Offline DonnieDarko

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 10:21:30 am »
R32  :evilgrin:
58 mkV R32 Metallic Grey DSG Leather, Cruise & Rear Parks. MortyGT-fitted RNS510

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 11:15:47 am »
a mk6 ED35 would have this forum wetting themselves  :signLOL:

With the mk6 having a GTI AND R  both with a turbo engine, an ED35 would again have to slot in between them and I just can't see a big enough gap between GTI and R in the mk6 for anything to go in between.

I'm sure I'll be proved wrong though  :grin:

They have always introduced a EDsomething.
The current Golf R is a replacement for the R32 as VW have stopped producing the 3.2 engine so instead of having a MK6 R32 they are having just a golf R and using a Tsi engine.
Im not saying they are definately going to be making a MK6 ED35 its just they have always done a anniversary model regardless of what else they have produced if they aint going to be introducing a ED35 then there will be something coming out at the end of the current model's lifespan manufacturers always have.

It's our very own 2.0T FSI that sits in the mk 6 R  :grin:

Over the top mod list ;o)