Make a donation

Author Topic: Low Oil Pressure Warning / Engine rattling/Car not starting/Battery slowly dying  (Read 23511 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Low Oil pressure warning / Car not starting and Battery slowly dying
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 11:54:12 pm »
Mine is @86500k with a st2+ map on and I'm usuing cheap eurocarparts 5/40 triple qx oil which I used in my TT for 55000k miles and again no issues with the engine at all. Yes people will say I'm a cheap skate but I'm not racing my car around like a nutter on a track even so can't complain about it.
An engine will last with whatever you use as long as you don't over step the mark!.
I change oil and filter every 6k because I'm such an a*al c***  :signLOL: but well worth the £13.40p I spend  :driver:

The actual speed the car can handle when. Rams new out the showroom and not 10-12years down the line but that's questionable and irrelevant to the issue at hand.

That's why I say money down the drain and just buy a new engine as it'll cost a lot more stripping searching and fitting new parts  :doh:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:56:04 pm by r5gtt »

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 02:42:21 am »
Mine is @86500k with a st2+ map on and I'm usuing cheap eurocarparts 5/40 triple qx oil which I used in my TT for 55000k miles and again no issues with the engine at all. Yes people will say I'm a cheap skate but I'm not racing my car around like a nutter on a track even so can't complain about it.
An engine will last with whatever you use as long as you don't over step the mark!.
I change oil and filter every 6k because I'm such an a*al c***  :signLOL: but well worth the £13.40p I spend  :driver:

The actual speed the car can handle when. Rams new out the showroom and not 10-12years down the line but that's questionable and irrelevant to the issue at hand.

That's why I say money down the drain and just buy a new engine as it'll cost a lot more stripping searching and fitting new parts  :doh:

The guys they’re currently working with two engines to get the best out of both 👍🏽 No harm in dissecting and stripping down in the process and finding the what’s at fault is what I had meant. I’m not doing a pesky checking and that is just waste of time. I knew from the off when my car ceased on road it was “the death”, a famous termilogy the Oldskool mechanic golf like to use. I feel like this thread will go down as a lesson to many to learn from! I hope so  :happy2:

I totally agree that 10 year old car like mine would give in at some point. The performance was fab but At no time did I expect the worst ! Yikes!

My point is if you wanna go down a track then take the R. Don’t choke the GTI. That’s not a track car imo. GTI is a practical car that will last no more than ten years. That’s why there are cars come out very 4-5 years with new ideas of motoring in reshaping these vehicles that we adore so much when driving them on the road in telling us “they’re better and more efficient and by the way.. they’re a bit more nippier too.” 🤐 Hmmm.. are they really?? The VW emmisons bypass scandal comes to mind 🤔. If it didn’t work in this way then the motoring market would collapse. It’s all about reinventing new ideas.. in marketing newer better brands.Hence We all want our cars to live forever.. some DO last a very long time and I do accept that -  some more than others in fact. But in reality it is pure romanticism and a fantasy we all wish to believe close to our hearts my friend.

They stopped manufacturing and producing the MK5 was too expensive to keep on the shelf for VW. Well you only have to see the MK7 to see the plastic tin on that beaut Fully designed car. We were told the MK6 was faster than a MK5. But you would only need to Remap a MK5 GTI under the Stage One software hat would reinvent the MK5 that would be just as quick as the MK6 if not quicker! And whose to say the MK6 is better looking than the the MK5. Not at all. Yuck!

The reason we now have more MK7 R’s on the road than ever before is because we are working with a 2.0T engine and it is for this reason we believe in the efficient “model” in the sale.

But then again Pudding would say there are many ways of burning air/fuel mixture. True but bypassing the process is not the way and rather scandalous.

I now realise there are flaws with the MK5 2.0T FSI and maybe these were deliberate and rather clumsy designing so that there can make way for “New and improved ideas” a-ha!

Though I feel disillusioned with the MK5 2.0T GTI, my biggest disappointment is the very hostile and reluctant Canbus that u have to deal with in this car e.g.  aftermarket leds are forever blinking both inside and outside of the car as soon as you turn the key, battery drains with aftermarket head units, errors flagged on dash to name but a few. Did the guys at VW HQ really think they were getting away with such a grand design without giving the headlamps with bi-xenon head/side/parking lights? No way!
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 03:02:41 am »

Then why on earth do we the VW boss state “every 10,000” service due ie once a year!? That’s another scandal. Guys like you are very smart. I did my service a month ago but my dash flags service due in 2,600 miles or 10-11 days 😳

My DSG service stamp advices after 51,000 (3-4) years!

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2017, 07:59:00 am »
Man, there is no engine in this world that can run for 60 miles without oil, that was the root cause for your killed engine, I'm racing mine continuously for several years now with @340 bhp, no problem.
Your service flag appeared because a reset was not done when you have serviced it.
This engine is one of the strongest on earth, we have hill-climb cars using it. The early versions, like AXX, had some issues, that should be fixed, upgraded, but if you know and solve them it can take a lot of abuse, apart from running without oil.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:46:24 am by teo_parvu »

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 08:47:41 am »
I’m confused between this and the other threads. Did your cam chain and tensioner fail? Or was your oil pick up pipe blocked? Or did you just have no oil?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2017, 09:27:02 am »

Oil change every 3K in mine  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2017, 09:48:22 am »
Has anyone considered the OP could be a bot testing it's user interface system because these replies are just unbelievable?

Sorry bud, no offence meant but Jesus Christ I've been reading this thread for days now and you could not have constructed a more perfect sh*t storm for your cars destruction and then you make things worse by stating the likes of "GTI is a practical car that will last no more than ten years"

Don't be an eejit, get yourself a push bike.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »
Man, there is no engine in this world that can run for 60 miles without oil, that was the root cause for your killed engine, I'm racing mine continuously for several years now with @340 bhp, no problem.
Your service flag appeared because a reset was not done when you have serviced it.
This engine is one of the strongest on earth, we have hill-climb cars using it. The early versions, like AXX, had some issues, that should be fixed, upgraded, but if you know and solve them it can take a lot of abuse, apart from running without oil.
Just to clarify I checked engine oil when I had stopped for ten mins on the motorway when the stop engine oil pressure was flagged on dash. Oil level was absolutely fine! Right on the max. Checks oil again yesterday and still on the max.

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2017, 02:17:42 pm »
I’m confused between this and the other threads. Did your cam chain and tensioner fail? Or was your oil pick up pipe blocked? Or did you just have no oil?
There was oil in engine. Car has ceased its got to be the bottom block oil pump and cam shaft that is probably gone. Having it checked in garage so will get back on here with further info.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2017, 03:59:34 pm »

Oil change every 3K in mine  :grin:
:happy2: I was meant to type 6months not 6k 😂😂😂 which is probably 2k if at all :P

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2017, 04:07:18 pm »
OMG...so you had oil, but no pressure, that was the sign for.  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2017, 04:24:40 pm »

Then why on earth do we the VW boss state “every 10,000” service due ie once a year!? That’s another scandal. Guys like you are very smart. I did my service a month ago but my dash flags service due in 2,600 miles or 10-11 days 😳

Its what they recommend and not really a scandal mate, the real scandal is long life servicing which is bull**** imho and the cause of a lot of engine issues!!!, but me on the other hand know that it's better to replace the oil much sooner to protect and extend the life of any engine! and for What I pay for oil and a filter which costs more than the oil is worth the oil change every six months. Dsg in my booklet says 40k from what I remember but I'll get it done in 30k which is another 10k Miles for piece of mind that it's been done  :smiley: and again at another 30k

Reset your cars service light and it should go back to 9000k I think it is ?

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 05:32:13 pm »
Just spoke to the mechanic they going to change full engine which is more practical. And if need be use extras from what is left on my car because the engine is not completely gone on my car.

He asked me to get my own oil and oil filter. What do you recommend aside from Quantum semi synthetic oil?

Thanks

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2017, 05:36:55 pm »

Its what they recommend and not really a scandal mate, the real scandal is long life servicing which is bull**** imho and the cause of a lot of engine issues!!!, but me on the other hand know that it's better to replace the oil much sooner to protect and extend the life of any engine! and for What I pay for oil and a filter which costs more than the oil is worth the oil change every six months. Dsg in my booklet says 40k from what I remember but I'll get it done in 30k which is another 10k Miles for piece of mind that it's been done  :smiley: and again at another 30k

Reset your cars service light and it should go back to 9000k I think it is ?
Yes my mechanic forgot to reset it when he did the service on my car last month.

Is there also a reset on the fuel filter 6.6 bar?

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 05:42:48 pm »
Battery dying completely now is due to the aftermarket stereo that drains battery Like made! Even though the stereo had come with own canbus unit it’s still killed the battery and battery was a Bosch 5 only replaced just last year !  How can a car of this standard have such power-teething problems once you replace its stock outfits ! 🤔🤐

I’ve never had substantial battery fail problem in any of 15 year driving history
!

Canbus you really suck indeed!