Make a donation

Author Topic: Powerfolding mirrors  (Read 3809 times)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Powerfolding mirrors
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 08:43:04 pm »

Make sure the power folding modules are M N or Q. If they are K or L then they will not work in your car

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

When you say modules and type these "M, N, Q" you mean this should be the partnumber for the window power regulator right?
The black electronic box are different partnumber

GEN 3 MOTOR with MAX modules are N and Q
GEN 2 MOTOR with MAX modules are L

Yes the part number on the window regulator.

Reason i said M N or Q is because his current module is M, which means gen 3. If he was to fit a K or L then it won't work because those are gen 1.

By not work do you mean not work at all? As I've fitted the set and they fold but not working correctly, the drivers door doesn't actually take the code either, but I think this is an L as you said it so this could be why but it does fold and light up etc.
The pins on gen1 door wiring is different to gen 3. So the pin for power for example will be in a different location if you went with a door module that's different to your current door modules generation

You can repin everything, i know SI-R32 has electronic diagrams of what each pin does etc.. Ive been down that path before and it got messy lol as the buttons on my door card didn't work. So just ended up reverting back to stock mirrors.

Thanks, at this point I’ll just source a new module since the other side is fully installed and working, dont suppose you have a spare module?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah buddy. Sorry :(