Make a donation

Author Topic: Moisture on the inside window pillar  (Read 1620 times)

Offline slipd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Moisture on the inside window pillar
« on: January 26, 2018, 05:08:06 pm »
Hi guys,

As above, just started to notice this after leaving my car outside a lot more lately, in the Great British weather... These are pictures of the situation this afternoon, no sooner have I dried it off, it's back!

So where do I start?

Thanks.

Offline slipd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Moisture on the inside window pillar
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 05:53:18 pm »
Just noticed it's on the other side too - exactly the same spot  :confused:

Silica Gel sachets in the door pockets?

Offline theminty1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 01:03:40 pm »
I think its a 'feature' of the golf. I know for a fact my car is watertight. Don't think there is much you can do about it. Esp at this time of year if you have wet shoes/clothes. I have the rubber floor mats and it is surprising just how much water you pull into the car if its wet outside. Not much help sorry
140 BKD GT TDi  5dr

Offline slipd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 04:07:59 pm »
I think its a 'feature' of the golf. I know for a fact my car is watertight. Don't think there is much you can do about it. Esp at this time of year if you have wet shoes/clothes. I have the rubber floor mats and it is surprising just how much water you pull into the car if its wet outside. Not much help sorry
Thanks for the reply mate! Yeah, I think I've come to terms with it now...  :smiley:

The silica gel sachets, £2 on eBay, in the door pockets though did appear to make the 'problem' pretty much vanish straight away though!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 06:59:37 pm »
What are we looking at? I'm just seeing a wet exterior?

As minty said, if you drag any water into the car from wet or snowy shoes, it will evaporate and condense onto cold glass.  Especially if the interior has been warmed up with the heaters.  Super common in all cars.  The HVAC will shift it though if that's working.

Consider yourself lucky.  I've had cars in the past that need scraping on the inside as well as the outside every winter  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D