Make a donation

Author Topic: R-tech Stage 1 checklist for Ed30  (Read 1295 times)

Offline 19TW80

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
R-tech Stage 1 checklist for Ed30
« on: January 28, 2018, 01:28:40 pm »
Afternoon All,

Managed to get my Ed30 booked into R-tech for a Stage 1 remap on 16 February, which I'm just a little bit excited about.

As it'll be a 250-mile round trip, I want to ensure the car flies through the R-tech health check. A few questions, which I'd appreciate any feedback on, please:

What gremlins have people experienced/heard about during the R-tech health check that has meant the car not progressing on to the dyno? Anything my trusty mechanic can do to ensure everything's in tip top condition.

The car was serviced in August 2017, which included oil (Millers Nanodrive) and filter, and I've probably done 2,500 miles since. Any arguments for getting new oil and filter done again before the remap?

In August I had the GFB DV+ fitted along with the latest revision PCV, cam follower and the pre-cat removed. I had a new thermostat and housing fitted in November, and then in December RacingLine springs and shocks went on. To help the car achieve the best possible figures on a pretty limited budget; is there anything else I could fit myself? The only two bits I can think of are: ITG Pro Panel Filter and R8 Coil Pack Set.

Incidentally, I'm planning to have two new (part worn) tyres fitted, and will fill up with Shell V-Power. Any arguments to fill up with Tesco Momentum instead?

Thanks in advance, and any insight and advice hugely appreciated.

Offline 6waysforward

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
  • Boost junkie
Re: R-tech Stage 1 checklist for Ed30
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 06:17:10 pm »
Sounds like you have the basics pretty well covered but get a scan done to make sure there are no hidden problems you cant see.
My car drives fine but my runner flaps dont work so i have to sort them before i can go for a map.
A filter will help get better results but R8 coils give no performance gains but having said that new coils and plugs wont hurt.
While having tyres done, get the tracking checked as i lost a little bhp a few years back on the rolling road due to tracking out.
Tornado Red GTI DSG

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 06:59:08 pm »
If you have the budget, then consider upgrading the HPFP internals to unlock extra midrange power.

Offline 19TW80

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 07:51:03 pm »
Spot on - thank you @6waysforward and @colesey

Presumably, you mean a VCDS scan?

Offline phatedition30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: Edition 30
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 09:06:21 pm »
Make sure your thermostat is fine!mine was running to cool!