Make a donation

Author Topic: OCTAVIA 2 vRS - upgrade in progress - now 4x4 :D  (Read 15253 times)

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
Re: OCTAVIA 2 vRS - upgrade in progress
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 12:32:35 pm »
THX everybody for your answers!

I have decided not to take them.

But still I would like to make some kind of an upgrade to the front brakes and I'm thinking a 4 pot caliper that can be a "bolt on" to my S3 rotors...(what has already been suggested above).
I just need to find the right one, not too expensive of course  :smiley:
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline xht20

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 04:01:28 pm »
http://ultimot.de/Komponente.php?id=BK458&TypWahl=221  :happy2: maybe you can take only the calipers from here

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 12:05:07 am »
Hello guyz, I'm back. I've taken a brake because of..well some cash problems, but the car is still here and lots have happend to it.

First of all the SB clutch died on me so I had to replace it with a LOBA.

Then..well, took me abt  6 months, but I did it...made the car 4x4, I found a trustworthy S3 from which I took the parts and my super mechanic made it all possible. Besides this, car also got a new complete 3" full exhaust system similar to Fuscobal's (same guy made it) only I also have a 100cell catalyst (well, I'm eco friendly :) ), H&R sway bars, Forge actuator and Haldex controller taken from the S3.

I've already ordered Michelin Pilot Supersport for street use and a set of Nankang SP2 for track (I've read many good things abt them and they come with a very decent price).

Next on the list is an upgrade to my old KW variant 1, still deciding what to take....Ohlins is kind of expensive..Any suggestion is welcomed.
And of course the brakes..still old S3 setup which I really need to upgrade now.

Right now, with current setup car drives like a dream. Yes, is a bit heavier, but is a true pleasure driving it. Super stability in curves, it is like is glued to the asphalt..I think being a sedan + 4x4 is a super winning combination. Never tested on track yet, waiting for the Nankangs first, but on normla road is as I said...true pleasure.
All 380hp are put to the ground now, car is wilder than ever  :laugh: , no more torque steer, ESP kicking in all the time, etc.

I will come back with some photos later on, I have the car at the mechanic ftm for some small fine tunes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:10:21 am by Bogdanbd »
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 05:06:39 am »
Hello guyz, I'm back. I've taken a brake because of..well some cash problems, but the car is still here and lots have happend to it.

First of all the SB clutch died on me so I had to replace it with a LOBA.

Then..well, took me abt  6 months, but I did it...made the car 4x4, I found a trustworthy S3 from which I took the parts and my super mechanic made it all possible. Besides this, car also got a new complete 3" full exhaust system similar to Fuscobal's (same guy made it) only I also have a 100cell catalyst (well, I'm eco friendly :) ), H&R sway bars, Forge actuator and Haldex controller taken from the S3.

I've already ordered Michelin Pilot Supersport for street use and a set of Nankang SP2 for track (I've read many good things abt them and they come with a very decent price).

Next on the list is an upgrade to my old KW variant 1, still deciding what to take....Ohlins is kind of expensive..Any suggestion is welcomed.
And of course the brakes..still old S3 setup which I really need to upgrade now.

Right now, with current setup car drives like a dream. Yes, is a bit heavier, but is a true pleasure driving it. Super stability in curves, it is like is glued to the asphalt..I think being a sedan + 4x4 is a super winning combination. Never tested on track yet, waiting for the Nankangs first, but on normla road is as I said...true pleasure.
All 380hp are put to the ground now, car is wilder than ever  :laugh: , no more torque steer, ESP kicking in all the time, etc.

I will come back with some photos later on, I have the car at the mechanic ftm for some small fine tunes.

Build pictures or it never happened ;)

Seriously a great move with 4wd, i'm considering it aswell  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: OCTAVIA 2 vRS - upgrade in progress - now 4x4 :D
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:36 am »
 :worthless:

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2015, 06:26:17 am »
Hi my friend,

Congrats on this bis project!  :happy2:
What happened to the Southbend clutch?

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2015, 07:04:13 pm »
Photos will come soon, dont worry.

Teo, the release or throwout bearing or whatever is called gave in and this f*cked up the clutch...

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2015, 07:39:56 pm »
OK, one month later..here are the photos  :smiley:

These are the track tyres:

And these will be the road tyres once I get another set of rims:

Aaaaaand there are more upgrades on the way  :drool:
I've been extremely quiet for abt 4 years, but now the time to throw the money in the car-pit has come. We finally have a circuit built just 40km away from Bucharest so is possible to have 2-3 trackdays/month and this..somehow..justifies the madness...  :evilgrin:

So, these (hopefully) we leave the UK this week:

VWR TRACKSPORT Coilover Suspension
VWR 'Cup Edition’ Front Suspension Upgrade Kit
VWR ‘Cup Edition’ Rear Bush Upgrade Kit
VWR Monoblock Big Brake Upgrade
VWR Rear Brake Disc/Rotor Upgrade Conversion

The VWR BBK and the rear brales will be complemented with CARBOTECH pads:
- front: 1521/daily & XP20/track
- rear: 1521/daily & XP12/track
Those are already ordered in US. I've been in contact with Ian from Carbotech UK (absolute super guy), but unfortunately UK prices are far way more expensive than US ones.

That's about it. There is going to be a huge transformation of the car and, I hope, that will be positive from all points of view.
I am a bit afraid that suspension is not the best option for daily drive (+ the stronger bushes), but I hope that on the lowest setting would make everything bearable..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:41:52 pm by Bogdanbd »

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 07:44:48 pm »
Hmmm, new upgrade dilema..

VAG 02Q 4WD transmission (front) Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

Is it worth it?
I am building the car more biased to the trackday and future power upgrade is cooking too.

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2015, 11:03:30 pm »
Parts are starting to arrive.

Above racing pads: CT XP20 & XP12
Below street pads: CT 1521

VWR parts are on the way too.

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »
And the rest of the goodies arrived last week:

Unfortunately rear discs have not arrived yet due to a manufacturing problem, will be shipped later on.

Car is already at mechanic and the parts are being installed.

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2015, 09:07:17 am »
As installatian has started I already encountered a bit of a dilema...how should get acces to the camber plates?

As you can see they are obstructed by that top of the ..whatever is called in English..
Would it be safe to cut/crop it?

Any opinions?

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 09:11:26 am »
Great mods my friend!   :happy2:
But I think you'll have to cut, I see no other way. 

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 09:39:59 am »
Yeah, VWR just replied to my question, it is very safe to cut it.

Problem solved way sooner than expected  :happy2:
Will start to cut.

BryanWalker

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 07:24:17 pm »
OK, one month later..here are the photos  :smiley:

These are the track tyres:

And these will be the road tyres once I get another set of rims:

Aaaaaand there are more upgrades on the way  :drool:
I've been extremely quiet for abt 4 years, but now the time to throw the money in the car-pit has come. We finally have a circuit built just 40km away from Bucharest so is possible to have 2-3 trackdays/month and this..somehow..justifies the madness...  :evilgrin:

So, these (hopefully) we leave the UK this week:

VWR TRACKSPORT Coilover Suspension
VWR 'Cup Edition’ Front Suspension Upgrade Kit
VWR ‘Cup Edition’ Rear Bush Upgrade Kit
VWR Monoblock Big Brake Upgrade
VWR Rear Brake Disc/Rotor Upgrade Conversion

The VWR BBK and the rear brales will be complemented with CARBOTECH pads:
- front: 1521/daily & XP20/track
- rear: 1521/daily & XP12/track
Those are already ordered in US. I've been in contact with Ian from Carbotech UK (absolute super guy), but unfortunately UK prices are far way more expensive than US ones.

That's about it. There is going to be a huge transformation of the car and, I hope, that will be positive from all points of view.
I am a bit afraid that suspension is not the best option for daily drive (+ the stronger bushes), but I hope that on the lowest setting would make everything bearable..

Sorry to drag this old thread up but does anyone have an email address for bogdanbd or any information on if the S3 running gear is a direct fitment to the mk2 octavia vrs

Thanks
Bryan