Make a donation

Author Topic: Custom Code now installed (S3)  (Read 29104 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: CUSTOM CODE --------- S3
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 01:43:37 pm »

skodas are the way forward, everyone expects a gti to be quick, but they dont expect the vRS to be as quick as it is.  thats why  i love it.

I do see what pov is saying though. REVO cant do a thing wrong on here, but there is also no denying the quality of revo and the large fan base it has. i have driven them at all stages on the k03 and they are very good.  but its all about what the individual wants the delivery to be like.  the delivery on mine os so much more linear and smooth than when i had bluefin.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 02:05:59 pm »
Revo trial is never going to be as good as a full cutom code software   :rolleye: i am no Revo fan boy after having other maps on other cars but with Revo u know its going to be good. What u should have done is had the full Revo put on and then see what u thought and if u did not like Revo would take it off and give u your money back then u could say its a sh1tty map  :rolleye:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 02:07:30 pm »
what doesnt make sense is why wouldnt the revo trial be as good as the normal package.  if it was only 70% then they would lose customers as has just happened.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 02:09:22 pm »
its a tester pure and simple not the full fat version

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 02:16:24 pm »
its a tester pure and simple not the full fat version

but is it.  its a trial map, that says to me try our software and see how good it is

its not a taster map which says here this is almost as good as the proper software.

dont get me wrong i rate REVO alot,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 02:22:56 pm »
It sounds to me that Revo need to rethink their trial software.

The main reason why Revo have such a lot of fans is because they are good. Look at the history of AmD: They used to be Numero Uno in the tuning world but staff changed etc and they went downhill before the recovery they are enjoying now.

As Sy says [so tempted to write "Simple Simon Says"]: A big factor is what the individual likes best regarding power delivery. Both myself and my passengers enjoy Revo's power curve.

I have no direct experience of Custom Code but have heard people who's opinions I respect call it Custard Code. But it's right that we each express our opinions no matter how enthusiastically and you, Ian, are always enthusiastic! Bless you! [I wonder if being enthusiastic has anything to do with having a red car  :evilgrin:]

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 02:27:27 pm »
on mk6 GTI and rocco its 30 day money back rather than free trial, to my knowledge their have been no takers etto

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 02:31:19 pm »
what doesnt make sense is why wouldnt the revo trial be as good as the normal package.  if it was only 70% then they would lose customers as has just happened.

do you think revo say its only 70% because the car will never be fully adapted to the software by the time the trial finishes?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 02:33:42 pm »
^^^^
30-day Money Back on full software is a much better option methinks  :happy2:

I've just spent a weekend in bed with 'this-really-hot-laydee' [substitute who you fancy].. Do I really have to send her away?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 02:34:10 pm »
as i said im a fan of REVO ive driven a fair amount of revo cars and have always liked the dleivery and power/torque, but there are other options out there just as good. i know i have one myself.

saying that i know of two guys on briskoda who are considering leaving REVO because they are not entirely happy with it.  

one is k04 REVO stage 3 and thinks the delivery is to aggressive to be driven fast and wants something more progressive so is looking into custom code sofware after trying their software before hand(he thinks his car was faster in normal street driving when he was k03 stage 2+ because traction wasnt such an issue).  

The other is REVO k03 stage 2+ who is considering a change to shark perfomance stage 3

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 02:41:26 pm »
as i said im a fan of REVO ive driven a fair amount of revo cars and have always liked the dleivery and power/torque, but there are other options out there just as good. i know i have one myself.

saying that i know of two guys on briskoda who are considering leaving REVO because they are not entirely happy with it. 

one is k04 REVO stage 3 and thinks the delivery is to aggressive to be driven fast and wants something more progressive so is looking into custom code sofware after trying their software before hand(he thinks his car was faster in normal street driving when he was k03 stage 2+ because traction wasnt such an issue). 

The other is REVO k03 stage 2+ who is considering a change to shark perfomance stage 3

....Again Simple Simon has hit the nail on the head!

Those guys are overdoing it imo - We need driveability. As bacillus says: "Without traction, power is nothing!"

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 02:43:46 pm »

Those guys are overdoing it imo

they were setup by JKM.

why simple simon. i must be simple because i dont see wher that comes rom

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 02:50:33 pm »

Those guys are overdoing it imo

they were setup by JKM.

why simple simon. i must be simple because i dont see wher that comes rom

....Sorry about the Simple Simon Says reference - It's from an old song and not meant to insult you but was just banter. My writing "Sy says" led to it coming into my head.

Knowing JKM I'm confident they will have done a good job but if a customer wants a certain combination of mods they'll obviously do them as long as it's not obviously leading to serious problems.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 03:04:21 pm »
....Sorry about the Simple Simon Says reference - It's from an old song and not meant to insult you but was just banter. My writing "Sy says" led to it coming into my head.
ah now i see where it came from.

Knowing JKM I'm confident they will have done a good job but if a customer wants a certain combination of mods they'll obviously do them as long as it's not obviously leading to serious problems.

nothing special on them just the usual, S3 coolers, TBE evoms, autotech HPFP and the normal revo software etc. 

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 03:11:23 pm »

nothing special on them just the usual, S3 coolers, TBE evoms, autotech HPFP and the normal revo software etc.  

....Then I'm probably wrong. I interpreted your earlier post as saying that the Revo 2+ was giving them driveability issues.

The 2+ code does work everything harder. Which is why I've stayed at Revo2 - Gives me more driveability and more headroom.