Make a donation

Author Topic: Custom Code now installed (S3)  (Read 29103 times)

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: CUSTOM CODE --------- S3
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 04:02:54 pm »
Basically you pay your money you make your choice..

Personally I find the customer service appalling, aftercare even worse, maps are generic tosh bought in from Holland (that anyone can get their hands on) and its been proven over and over that there are superior options on the market..

With that said, I really dont think this thread should end up with Custom code vs. Revo 'argument'.. Candy has decided that Custom code is the best option to go for and good luck to him!

Hope you enjoy it and let us know how you get on!  :happy2:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline micky 32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 05:05:25 pm »
Basically you pay your money you make your choice..

Personally I find the customer service appalling, aftercare even worse, maps are generic tosh bought in from Holland (that anyone can get their hands on) and its been proven over and over that there are superior options on the market..

With that said, I really dont think this thread should end up with Custom code vs. Revo 'argument'.. Candy has decided that Custom code is the best option to go for and good luck to him!

Hope you enjoy it and let us know how you get on!  :happy2:

Are you talking about Revo or CC regarding the customer servive and Holland maps?

Simon i find my KO4 software on mine quite good, with any high power will get some wheel slip in wet conditions, though i'm surprised someone isn't happy about 2+ on their KO3..

Does Shark perfoemnce do a map for the KO4? If so can he improve on stage 3 Revo, less aggressive more power?
2008 Octavia vRS K04'd , Forge twintercooler, Evoms, Autotech uprated pump, full Milltek exhaust 324bhp on JKM's rollers ;-)

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 05:29:26 pm »
just got in from driving all afternoon , imo the car is fu&*ing amazing , if i was aware i could have the revo in full and get my money back if i was nt satisfied i would have done that BUT  i personally dont think any one could make this car any better than it is at stage 1 with my mild mods
  and i agree you get what you pay for  , i had stage 1 remap , milltek non res center section fitted and £100 left from what revo would have cost me , as for customer service midland vw / custom code is brilliant , ive had dealings with them for 6 years + and no complaints  :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 05:32:38 pm »
Are you talking about Revo or CC regarding the customer servive and Holland maps?

CC, but like I say, just my experience thats all..

Candy..

Sounds like your really pleased with it! Have fun  :smiley:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 05:34:59 pm »
all the tuners use the same device to write maps, only difference is the person writing it. Revo customer service is hardly anything to shout about either.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 05:40:19 pm »

all the tuners use the same device to write maps, only difference is the person writing it. Revo customer service is hardly anything to shout about either.

....In your experience. It's weird how different people have such very different and opposite experiences.

But let's not start a debate!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 05:40:57 pm »

never had bad service with APR or Revo on my last 2 mapped cars and Revo were very good when i was down at vwr a few months back i pm them on here to ask if they would mind just checking to make sure all is well with my car and as soon as i turned up with my 2 year old son they were spot on very very helpfull and even did all the logging and and checking for  free no messing about at all  :smiley: pefect service

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 05:41:24 pm »
 :popcornsoda:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 05:43:15 pm »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 05:45:44 pm »

....You feeling hungry, stokey?  :grin:

just interested to read good and bad points............ :innocent:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 05:53:57 pm »

CC, but like I say, just my experience thats all..

Candy..

Sounds like your really pleased with it! Have fun  :smiley:

cheers mate , i really value your opinion on any thing , cause reading your threads you are at the top of your tree as it were but i think that may be the difference here myself and jonnyc are at complete opposite ends of the tuning spectrum , i spend a few hudred quid here and there on stage 1 and milltek etc where as jonny is no expense spared tuning heaven
i would nt want my car any faster than it is now cause i personally would not be able to use more speed  on current uk roads

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 05:54:13 pm »

....In your experience. It's weird how different people have such very different and opposite experiences.

Exactly, im just saying revo is no better or no worse than custom code, or apr etc

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 06:01:17 pm »

Exactly, im just saying revo is no better or no worse than custom code, or apr etc
same here ,revo is  just better advertised and loads more money !!!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 06:02:17 pm »
....In your experienc. It's weird how different people have such very different and opposite experiences.But let's not start a debate!

id agree with that(but dont start me on bluefin lol), each forum tends to have a favourite tuner, this one is revo.  the SCN is very varied with tuners
Simon i find my KO4 software on mine quite good, with any high power will get some wheel slip in wet conditions, though i'm surprised someone isn't happy about 2+ on their KO3..
Does Shark performance do a map for the KO4? If so can he improve on stage 3 Revo, less aggressive more power?
TBH mate i wouldnt know as i havent seen one or experienced one yet.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 06:03:43 pm »

....You feeling hungry, stokey?  :grin:

just interested to read good and bad points............ :innocent:

....The 'popcorn' emoticon can have different meanings - Often to signify someone is waiting to see some drama/action like when sat in a movie with a bag of popcorn and a can of drink, and in a 'bring it on' sense.

The bottom line is that we just have to make up our own minds based on our own individual experiences and not take much notice of some geezer on the interweb (me included) who happened to have a different experience. Which is what I think candy turbo has done.

:happy2: