Make a donation

Author Topic: Custom Code now installed (S3)  (Read 29167 times)

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
Re: CUSTOM CODE --------- S3
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 06:08:16 pm »
all i know that i m 100% happy with the car now , and if i was looking for a map on a car in the future revo would be bottom of my list  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 06:10:28 pm »
all i know that i m 100% happy with the car now , and if i was looking for a map on a car in the future revo would be bottom of my list  :wink:

....Enjoy what you got, mate  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 06:21:26 pm »
candy makes me chuckle slagging of revo without even giving it a propper go! do custard code do trial maps?! i personally did a lot of research and asked a few people before deciding revo. ok so you got a map cheap, do you get the ability to immobilise the car or adjust the settings according to what you put on there? its evident to me that you will continue to mod your S3 but you keep saying you only want stage 1 with a downpipe! bonkers  :stupid:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 06:29:28 pm »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 06:34:35 pm »
you make me laugh too pal , you have not read the posts at all !! have not slagged revo at all just said every one rav s about revo so i went and got a trial AND FOR ME  it was not up to the mark if it was i would have had no problem paying the money they ask (rob)
 for ME as i said the difference between CC and revo trial is day and night . custom code has done , yet again just what i wanted , i dont want to tinker with the settings and my car has an immobillizer of its own
 and it DONT have a milltek down pipe   so my friend you are the bonkers one   (and i suppose you have revo ?) :chicken:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2010, 06:36:39 pm »
This was an interesting topic as I am currently saving for a new car with better tune-ability  (tsi 140). Put revo vs custom code into google and from the little I read it seems that revo has more torque at lower revs and delivers power more urgently. The CC they said seems to deliver the power over more of the rev range and is not as brutal.

This is from a thread on ukmkivs I think.

Is that the general views and differences?
 :happy2:

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 06:45:35 pm »
isn't revo v cc just like ford v vauxhall it just comes down to personal preferance, I think the smoother mapping is better than something thats aggressive and i've never been a revo fan, i've always prefered superchips, but then not everybody likes them. I may even consider having a jabba custom map since they are closer to me than anyone else, but that will be for when i go to stage 2 however superchips only charge £50 so i would possibly be mad to pay any more than i need to. Yes revo gives you the ability to tune your car but i have no desire to ever want to do that because without a RR or VAGcom  I have no idea what the results might be, thats why we pay proffesionals to play with things like that.

One thing that does seem odd though is the REVO trial, surely if you the intention is to sell you a product you would want it to be the best you could to ensure the sale, its like roadtesting a GTi but VW putting a 1.2 under the bonnet and saying yeah its good but if you buy one you will get a 2.0 .... it don't make sense to me.

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2010, 06:50:59 pm »
^^^^^^^ could nt agree more  :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 06:53:13 pm »
^^^^^^^ could nt agree more  :happy2:

they should defo give the full version on trial i think too so u know what your getting

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »
all the tuners use the same device to write maps, only difference is the person writing it

Not to start an argument.. But! Where the hell did you dream that up!?
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 06:58:32 pm »
so do custom code offer a trial ? i think common sense dictates that revos trial is for people to experience a little more from their engine, not for people who know the engines capabilities already. and yes i opted for revo because i realised its the best option available for me. and i never even bothered with the trial because i knew it wasnt the full thing. i may have miss read about the down pipe so apologies but it still looks to me that you will eventually be looking for more out of your car  :happy2:

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 07:01:35 pm »
i tried a APR trial on mine but once the map had gone my car would not start for a good 20min  :confused: and it did the same to my a3 2.0t dsg  :surprised: apr/awesome said they had never had that happen before  :confused: must be just me then  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 07:03:43 pm »
i had already had CC trial in my ed30 so knew what to expect , performace wise now the car is where i want it so should nt be doing any more  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »

i had already had CC trial in my ed30 so knew what to expect , performace wise now the car is where i want it so should not be doing any more  :happy2:

....We've never heard anyone say that before, have we guys?

And look what happened!  :evilgrin:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2010, 07:22:07 pm »

i had already had CC trial in my ed30 so knew what to expect , performace wise now the car is where i want it so should not be doing any more  :happy2:

....We've never heard anyone say that before, have we guys?

And look what happened!  :evilgrin:

Must resist getting envolved. :signLOL:

Ok Never say Never Ian.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:24:31 pm by Phil Mcavity »