Make a donation

Author Topic: Custom Code now installed (S3)  (Read 29109 times)

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: CUSTOM CODE --------- S3
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2010, 07:22:53 pm »
Just read a fair bit of this thread and this is how it reads...

Candy - you had a revo trial and didnt like it, went custom code and loved it ... Result for you

The trial apparently isnt a true version so is irrelevant...  :rolleye:

People who have revo love it...  :happy2:

Others like other maps...  :happy2:

I have bluefin and love it ...   :happy2:

If someone says to me ' Bluefin is sh*t' , I say 'OK' I don't really care ... Whats going on  :scared:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:24:33 pm by Aparoon »
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2010, 07:24:19 pm »
Really, another one of these threads? What are we, like 8 years old FFS.

Spend your money where you want, if you want to compare cocks, then do it somewhere it can be measured.

Yawn.
Sideways yo!

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »
Of recent years I found VW Racing excellent and very helpful.

I have had alot of work done by Jim at Awesome and they have always been helpful.

Having had the APR Stage 3+ on my my MKIV and their stage 2 software on the Edition 30 I was very happy with their OE feel to their tuning philosophy. The stage 3 was much more powerful higher up than the edition which had more low down punch.

I used to go to Brian Rickett's at BR Motorsport and Geoff and Mike at the original AmD. Geoff was ex BMW techinical adviser and helped develop Crypton tuning machines prior to setting up AmD. He certainly knew his stuff from VAG Porsche and BMW.
Laterly I also teamed up with Tim Stiles who sold out the business but luckily his old best mechanics are still around.

I'm on the hunt for some new wheels as I fancy something different again.....watch this space!!
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2010, 07:42:34 pm »
good luck with the hunt msportman  :happy2:

have to agree with tony danza. i find it hard to understand why candy has made this thread after the pain of the one a few days ago. completely pointless  :indifferent:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2010, 07:45:20 pm »
did nt force you to read it nor make comment  :booty:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2010, 07:47:22 pm »
when a thread title is in CAPITAL LETTERS is kind of gets your attention! :rolleye:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2010, 08:23:01 pm »

No (other than this being a public forum).... but the way you've gone about this thread just smacks of "my Dad could 'ave your Dad".

Your remap could be the best in the world, but the way you've gone about this just ruins any credibilty of the review.
Sideways yo!

Offline Merlinman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2010, 08:25:09 pm »
 :happy2:

I must admit I was wondering if I'd strayed into MaxPower!  :signLOL:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2010, 09:16:23 pm »
like Jonny said pay yer money and all that, but why call it custom code when its anything but that.

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2010, 09:48:11 pm »

No (other than this being a public forum).... but the way you've gone about this thread just smacks of "my Dad could 'ave your Dad".

Your remap could be the best in the world, but the way you've gone about this just ruins any credibilty of the review.
you are right this is a public forum , so i thought i could voice my opinion on here with out all this crap ...
i dont really care about the credibility of the review all i m saying is that in my experience custom code makes for a better driving S3 than the revo did , i know the revo was a trial but i was led to believe the real thing was only slighty better !

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2010, 09:51:51 pm »
like Jonny said pay yer money and all that, but why call it custom code when its anything but that.
i m led to believe that its called custom code due to they have different maps for each type of said engine where as some tuners have 1 generic map per engine type , eg they have lots of maps for each type of tfsi
 stage 2 on are pure custom maps  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2010, 10:35:12 pm »
If someone wants to share their views about Revo, CC, or anything else, it doesn't matter two monkeys whether everyone or anybody agrees with those views or not.

Neither does it matter whether someone else posts an opposing view.

All candy turbo has done is express himself, albeit with more exclamation marks and in more dogmatic language than I and many others would have done, but it matters diddlysquat.

Besides, if I saw a post by him without excalamation marks and without dogma, I might think he wasn't well! It's just candy turbo's style.

Every opinion posted on this or any other blog/forum is in effect a recommendation engine whether we like it or not. Why be so paranoic about what is a form of promotion and hence advertising? Are people so stupid they can't make up their own minds when presented with information and get too hung up about how it's presented?  

Personally I'm not attracted to Custom Code and I am attracted to Revo products but I thank you, Ian, for sharing your views whether I agree with them or not on this occasion.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:40:05 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2010, 12:10:44 am »
I'd like to think that I know a little more about Custom Code than some people on here do. My car was used as the test bed for what is their stage 2+ map which was done over 3 days at JBS Autodesigns. The map was very good, very smooth and very progressive, which I can understand a lot of people will love and be very happy with. I have also been out in a couple of Custom Code S3's of which both were very strong, one just at stage 1 and the other stage 2+.

In this respect I can see why Candy love's his remap.

I can also understand why he was unhappy with his brief experience with REVO as it looks like the trial map isn't a "full fat" map like peeps have said.

What I don't agree with is the sideways swipe he gives to REVO if he hasn't experienced the full remap.

Candy, you can ONLY slate REVO's ethos in giving a "low fat" experience to you and not the full remap as you simply haven't experienced it.

As for customer satisfaction, I was very happy with Custom Code through JBS and I am even happier with the reception I have had in my many conversations and discussions with Carl at REVO.
Golf R gone.

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2010, 12:28:55 am »
Does make a change to the APR v's Revo arguement  thats been going on for years.
Should add that i wouldnt have CC if it was free.  That arguement is for another day though lol :happy2: :grin:
APR and Revo where born from the same gene pool, I rate both.
In my view APR do the best KO3 software and Revo do the best KO4 software.  As for big turbo software, Revo have to lead the way just because APR are not willing to support hardware not developed by themselves.
CC will suit some but not all people.  They just dont have the knowledge that APR and Revo do, or the customer support.,
You pay your money and take a chance.

Also you have got to ask yourself, why would any remap company not give you the full beans on their trial software? If anything, they would give you a less safe more powerful map to tempt you to buy their software.
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Vick N

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2010, 12:55:14 am »
Reading the above views and comments, I think Candy Turbo made the right choice as I feel Revo (Whom I have used Stage 2+ on my MKIV) should have a trial map that really shows the performance increase rather than be a softer version of their 'proper' map which in this case has lost them a potential customer.

:confused: