Make a donation

Author Topic: Custom Code now installed (S3)  (Read 29111 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: CUSTOM CODE --------- S3
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2010, 12:56:05 am »
all the tuners use the same device to write maps, only difference is the person writing it

Not to start an argument.. But! Where the hell did you dream that up!?

What I have been told. Anyone can buy the device and make their own maps. But like as usual you probably know better dont you jonny?

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2010, 01:25:39 am »
all the tuners use the same device to write maps, only difference is the person writing it

Not to start an argument.. But! Where the hell did you dream that up!?

What I have been told. Anyone can buy the device and make their own maps. But like as usual you probably know better dont you jonny?

Your right. Anyone can buy a device and program to write remaps for any car. Takes alot of r&d to do it safely. They dont use the same hardware and software to write their maps though. Jonnyc is blinkered by many things, but in this instance, he is right.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:35:15 am by ukdub »
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2010, 09:53:40 am »
did nt force you to read it nor make comment  :booty:

No (other than this being a public forum).... but the way you've gone about this thread just smacks of "my Dad could 'ave your Dad".

Your remap could be the best in the world, but the way you've gone about this just ruins any credibilty of the review.
you are right this is a public forum , so i thought i could voice my opinion on here with out all this crap ...
i dont really care about the credibility of the review all i m saying is that in my experience custom code makes for a better driving S3 than the revo did , i know the revo was a trial but i was led to believe the real thing was only slighty better !

See that's the type of thing that'd make me sit up and listen.

Forgive me, I know you're only displaying your enthusiasm, but when I see the kind of posting you get on Vortex I just switch off - they could be telling me my house was on fire and I'd not bat an eyelid.

Friends of mine built the landmark UK 1.8Ts back in the day and all had different ideas of what tuner was best. I've seen all the bitching, threats of lawsuits, dirty tactics and "buying" people off. I've seen people used a pawns in power struggles. I've seen how rumours and snide actions can make and break. The lessons learnt back then is it was no good for any of them, the yanks might love that way of working, but it doesn't work here.

Thankfully everyone's grown up in the UK these days. I hope.

If you weren't happy with your REVO trial, why didn't you just go back to them and discuss why it didn't give you what you wanted? You still might have gone with CC, it may even be a better map. But in the bigger picture you'd have been doing more of a favour for other S3 owners by working with people and giving them useful feedback.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:08:45 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Leeds s3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2010, 10:08:19 am »
is this thread for real? Its only a remap for gods sake!!!
Many BMW'S and one bog standard MK5 3dr Golf GTI.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2010, 10:13:36 am »

Forgive me, I know you're only displaying your enthusiasm, but when I see the kind of posting you get on Vortex I just switch off - they could be telling me my house was on fire and I'd not bat an eyelid.

....But you didn't because you're here on page 6. It's best to always keep an open mind imo and see beyond someone's style of presentation.

If you weren't happy with your REVO trial, why didn't you just go back to them and discuss why it didn't give you what you wanted? You still might have gone with CC, it may even be a better map. But in the bigger picture you'd have been doing more of a favour for other S3 owners by working with people and giving them useful feedback.

....Discussing it with Revo would have been a good thing to do but it's reasonable for anyone to assume that a Trial is truly representative of the real thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Revo no longer offer Trials now and apply a 30-day option?

However, I wouldn't be inclined to be a guinea pig just for the sake of other S3 owners.

One thing is very clear and that is how mature and reasoned 99% of the discussion in this thread has been - This site is one of the very best for that.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2010, 10:18:16 am »

is this thread for real? Its only a remap for gods sake!!!

....You bet it's for real.

A remap ONLY effects the enjoyment of every single mile the car owner drives.

A remap ONLY effects the behaviour and hence health of the owner's valuable car.

A remap ONLY represents a significant financial investment to many car owners.

Need I go on?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:20:39 am by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2010, 10:22:51 am »
do see what pov is saying though. REVO cant do a thing wrong on here.

Depends who you ask Sy  :fighting:

As you know my experiences with REVO have not been entirely joyous.

You ARE  (i'll pull rank if i have to :wink:  :P  :grin:) going on JKM's rollers next week and taking me for a drive in your car as i am contemplating jumping ship at the moment and it's a toss up between APR & Shark

saying that i know of two guys on briskoda who are considering leaving REVO because they are not entirely happy with it. 

The other is REVO k03 stage 2+ who is considering a change to shark perfomance stage 3

Wonder who that is  :booty: :booty:

Carl :happy2:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:28:45 am by Mater »

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2010, 10:43:42 am »

....But you didn't because you're here on page 6. It's best to always keep an open mind imo and see beyond someone's style of presentation.

....Discussing it with Revo would have been a good thing to do but it's reasonable for anyone to assume that a Trial is truly representative of the real thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Revo no longer offer Trials now and apply a 30-day option?

However, I wouldn't be inclined to be a guinea pig just for the sake of other S3 owners.

One thing is very clear and that is how mature and reasoned 99% of the discussion in this thread has been - This site is one of the very best for that.

Eh? Look in the review section of the forum, what's the one thing they all have in common, including your own ones?

They're all fair, balanced and written with helping others in mind. That's what's good about this forum. Now, why aren't I allowed to decide that posting reviews in such a manner is better than the US style, or tell others that's what I prefer to see?....

Something may well be sh*te, but at least ellaborate on why.

Regarding the trial and feedback, there might have been something fundamentally wrong with the map he was given. How will anyone ever know? How many other S3 owners could have been given a duff trial?

Look at what happened with Bluefin. Everyone slagged it off and abandoned ship for other tuners because it wasn't performing - then one person had the good sense to actually talk to Superchips, the problem was found, resolved and everyone benefitted.

I don't call that being a guinea pig, I call it good sense.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2010, 11:00:29 am »
^^^^
I think we are largely in agreement, Mike - We all help each other (but only up to a point) and generally are very respectful and well behaved towards each other.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2010, 11:04:13 am »
Unless I'm missing the point but isn't the Revo trial only for 5 hours?  :confused:

That would explain after the initial euphoria why things were "sh*t" and how CC are so much better...... :laugh:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2010, 11:11:43 am »
@carl

pulling rank i like that lol.  i have quite af few extra duties this month after a little misdemeanour in the mess (on the day i got promoted), so im pretty busy if you know what i mean. im trying to shuffle duties around but its still up in the air.

dependant if shark_90 gets his HPFP in time from this group buy he might have the stage 3 map on his for the JKM RR day.  so you will be able to drive that.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2010, 11:15:39 am »
^^^^
Cleaning the toilets with a toothbrush, Sy? That sort of thing literally used to happen in my father's day as a Grenadier Guard.

While still off-topic, is Sharky Ben coming to the JKM dyno day?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2010, 11:24:46 am »
as usual you probably know better dont you jonny?

Yep  :wink:

Jonnyc is blinkered by many things

??? Yeah completely disillusioned.. :laugh:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2010, 11:49:16 am »
if i would have thought this thread got so many guys fired up i would have made it more juicy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  thanks robin for understanding me  :wink:
i m spending valentines day with the one i love , treating her to dodo juice  then i m taking mrs candy out later !!!
 and remember guys custom code ftw :drool: :drool: :grin:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:53:26 am by candy turbo »

Offline Merlinman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2010, 11:52:19 am »
and remember guys custom code wtf :drool: :drool: :grin:

don't you mean ftw?  :wink: