Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG group buy ?  (Read 33919 times)

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: ITG group buy ?
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2010, 10:11:22 am »
 :grin:

I have just ripped off my engine cover and turbo pipe ready for the install....  now wheres my ITG  :grin:

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2010, 12:50:05 pm »
Oh it just got worse my HPFP arrived as well 1 hour after the ITG, is it Xmas  :grin: it is in our household, (at least for me) hiding at moment as wife walking round holding bank statement muttering darkly  :signLOL:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2010, 01:49:16 pm »
I have to wait until tomorrow to get my intake, the joys of staying north of aberdeen  :sad1:

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2010, 01:59:34 pm »
Ah, my wife comes from aberdeen, but sensibly moved down south to sunny Gloucestershire, too much traffic down here though and far to far from Glennshee, the lecht and Aviemore for my liking, but we do get the post quickly  :wink:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2010, 02:16:19 pm »
Yeah we do have some nice roads up here but can be a tad on the cold side at times with the wind whipping in from the north sea :grin:
Have you got your engine cover and turbo pipe off yet ?  The pipe off the turbo is a bit of a bitch to get to, one of those daft squeeze together clips.  Getting it off was bad, god only knows how bad it is to get the new pipe on  :scared:  might be easier with a jubilee type clip ?   What is supplied with the ITG kit, is it the same squeeze together type clips ??

Kev.

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2010, 02:22:53 pm »
Hi Kev, No nasty squeeze clips in the kit, its all nice <large> hose clips which you do up / undo with a small socket set. Not taken anything to bits yet (slacking I know, but been working since 7am this morning)  the instructions do warn you that the turbo pipe clip is a ba$%ard - got that to look forward to - but the kit has been taken out lovingly looked at and then put back in the box.

Have ordered my stage2 superchips map tho  :smiley: (I know its not revo but its only £50 squid). Off for a meet shortly back at 4:30 then THE SPANNERS COME OUT. Oh just put a fresh tank of vpower in and am driving 200 miles 2moro so will get a very good work out!!

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2010, 02:32:45 pm »
Let us know how you get on with the fitting and am keen to get your first impressions on the noise / performance gain  :happy2:

Kev.

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2010, 02:33:28 pm »
Mine's arrived!

I get it sent to work to avoid suspicion  :laugh:

Can't wait to get it fitted, I reckon I'll do it during lunch tomorrow...

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2010, 02:41:48 pm »
Its like Christmas as a kid  :jumping:
Pretty funny everyone trying to be inconspicuous, hiding their intakes from the wife (me included) thing is first press of the loud pedal and its cat out of the bag time  :grin:
Whooooooosh chirp chirp chirp  :grin:

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2010, 01:01:33 am »
Hi Kev,

just got back from the first test drive. But before I review the performance, the fitting. Took me 1 hr 50 mins, but took my time, read instructions and was careful. usual Drama getting engine cover off, especially since mine is now split and araldited together!! The Turbo inlet hose wasn't too bad, I have a pair of slip joint pliers which were fine for gripping the hose clamp and squeezing it open, only problem was dropped them twice and burnt my wrist on the turbo retrieving them from the depths of the engine. Everything esle wnet as per the instructions. i did not have any silicone spray to help lubricate the hoses going onto the metal pipes, the do grip like limpets and lubrciation is vital, so I used WD40 which seemed fine (hope it doesn't kill the Maf). Otherwise everything went smoothly as per instructions. Top tip to rotate the aluminium pipe on the rhs of the engine to do up the bolt. The g60 filter doesn't half cram in behind the ns headlight, not a lot of room in there.

Once the ITG was on, I uploaded my stage 2 BF and went for a play. Weather is lashing with rain here in cotsolds so ideal for max turbo boost nice dense cold air, 10degC and roads empty (midnight for my test drive). The car with the ITG and stage 2 map has sooo much more power and pick up and torque than before, feels v fast, no fuel cut (yet) just lots of fast pick up linear power. The needle fly's round the dial. In normal driving you don't hear the ITG from inside, but when you press the load pedal firmly you get a gentle whoosing and slight whistle. Best way to describe it is to purse your lips gently and gently suck in, this is the sound you hear inside the car (with a faint high whistle added on max air draw). Not instrusive at all. i have a std DV fitted so no air  dumping sound (which is good for me as I like the stock sound). The power is a big difference, I took it easy after I span the front wheels going into 5th at 70 on a slight incline, the roads are very wet but still suprised me with the amount of torque. Anyway time for bed now, will post further impressions 2moro as driving to london and back (200miles) so will get a good feel for it on fast xcountry and motorway driving. But so far, very very pleased. Final mod in a couple of weeks when I will be fitting the HPFP I have bought , I will get before and after dyno's done then, but at the moment spot on mod. (I also have a full miltek TBE on the car)

d3bge

« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2010, 09:44:07 am »
Hi, Looks like ive missed the boat for this group buy or............................is there any chance of getting an extra ko4 kit off ITG for the same price?? pleeeaaaase.

Matt

Offline mattandrew

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2010, 10:07:35 am »
Hi, Looks like ive missed the boat for this group buy or............................is there any chance of getting an extra ko4 kit off ITG for the same price?? pleeeaaaase.

Matt

Hi

Sorry you have missed the 15% group buy but I can still do a 10% discount on the kits

KO4 £350
KO3 £330

If you want a kit please contact me ASAP as ITG are short on kits

Matt

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2010, 01:05:43 pm »
It's raining today >:( can't fit it in the rain!

d3bge

« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2010, 01:25:50 pm »

Matt

Hi

Sorry you have missed the 15% group buy but I can still do a 10% discount on the kits

KO4 £350
KO3 £330

If you want a kit please contact me ASAP as ITG are short on kits

Matt

email sent, thanks

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2010, 07:59:41 pm »
Thats mine fitted  :happy2:
Took me a lot longer than expected, its a tight fit in that engine bay and a lot of pipes to put together, overall I would say easily 2 hours work for me  :ashamed:
Went for a drive and have to say the car pulls a lot harder from 4K RPM up to the red line and I absolutely love the sound track  :evilgrin:
Overall very happy with the purchase, a nice addition to an already stunning car  :happy2: