Make a donation

Author Topic: Ebay Carbonio Copy - Anybody tried one?  (Read 2093 times)

Offline funkythumbs42

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Ebay Carbonio Copy - Anybody tried one?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:51:16 pm »
i got one from america and i def felt a lil bit of difference-sound and pull... might have been placeabo. but looks great when i lift the bonnet which is always a bonus!
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 01:05:36 pm »
Don't buy knock-offs. You're doing an injustice to the people who make the real thing, and then get ripped off - by buying a fake part, they will not be compensated for the R&D and effort gone into making their product. Someone random thief* will benefit whilst the OEM will lose out.

*Yes, it is theft, of intellectual property.

Offline funkythumbs42

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 01:06:06 pm »
my stock air intake keeps blowing off...dont really want to spend £200 on the carbonio one so thought this might be ok

are they easy enough to fit

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:36:09 pm »

are they easy enough to fit

Yes...   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 08:06:53 pm »
Looks alright mate, As said it will probably be a direct copy of the carbonio. I dont think that filter would be going any where near my car though  :sick:
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline werkes

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Tuningwerkes
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 10:47:46 pm »
The carbonio is ever so slightly different. The 'front' edge design is better - because the casting/moulding is straighter - making more use of the opening in the front panel. The clamps and rubber boot are usually better quality too. The filters can also vary with these 'cheap' copies!

Edition 30 APR Stage 1::H&R Coilovers::BBS CH
LCR 1.8T APR Stage 2+

KW Weitec H&R & Milltek Offers & Free Shipping available
www.tuningwerkes.com

Authorised APR Distributors and VW Racing Dealers --->secure online shopping at www.aprtuned.co.uk

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 08:31:19 am »
It will probably be ok, but I would just hold out for a used genuine one, they go for around 100quid... :smiley:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 11:56:54 am »
Keith on here used for long enough and said he was pleased with it based on the money saving over the real thing.

Having said that, dont expect much of a gain numbers wise - you will be lucky if you see any sort of gain really. Unless you are trying to acheive a "look", you would be much cheaper just replacing the panel filter itself in the engine cover.

Failing that, you would be better off getting a proper cold air intake because the engine cover and stock paper filter is a hugely restrictive part of the 2.0T. I have a Dbilas for sale if you fancy spending a bit more.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 01:55:13 pm »
Keith on here used for long enough and said he was pleased with it based on the money saving over the real thing.

Having said that, dont expect much of a gain numbers wise - you will be lucky if you see any sort of gain really. Unless you are trying to acheive a "look", you would be much cheaper just replacing the panel filter itself in the engine cover.

Failing that, you would be better off getting a proper cold air intake because the engine cover and stock paper filter is a hugely restrictive part of the 2.0T. I have a Dbilas for sale if you fancy spending a bit more.

I recommended Keith with that one as I had one and it was superb. Regardless of gains my car always performed well both on the road and rollers!  :happy2: