Make a donation

Author Topic: .. Idleing issue update 2.03.10  (Read 5266 times)

Saint Steve

.. Idleing issue update 2.03.10
« on: March 01, 2010, 08:07:10 pm »
Guys have a question......

Since having the Milltek downpipe installed, i have noticed the engines idle speed isnt fast as it was before.

Its now running at approx 750rpm, abit lower then what she was, but the problem is when in drive/manual etc, when moving off from a standstill, it feels like the car is gonna stall, as the revs feel to low.

Put the car back to stock (bluefin) after today getting the car back from the dealership today for its 10000 mile service pilgramage.With running stock map, it is a tad smoother and doesnt appear to feel like it might stall.
It feels since the exhaust flow has been improved , the cars idle speed has been affected.
What im not sure i might be getting confused with, is that having the dogbone insert installed, im feeling more vibration in the cabin due to a much more tort exhaust support bracket rather then the stock downpipe mount.

Car runs great apart from that.

Is there any way of slighty increasing the idle speed or is something else neds looking at to smoothen up the initial take up in drive when moving from standstill.

Cheers :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:19:22 am by Saint Steve »

Offline DanoGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
    • DA Productions
Re: Newbie Question.... Idleing issue
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:34:54 pm »
I'd have thought that as you've added a DP, your map will need adjusting..... as current  map was setup on your old setup....

Just a thought  :happy2:

Dan

DA Productions

The fine art of diplomacy is telling somebody to "fcuk off" in such a way that they actually look forward to the journey....

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: .. Idleing issue
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:36:09 pm »
^^^ Stage 2 FTW  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Saint Steve

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 08:38:11 pm »
I'd have thought that as you've added a DP, your map will need adjusting..... as current  map was setup on your old setup....

Just a thought  :happy2:

Dan

I was under the imprection, that Superchips do a manual and dsg map but the maps are were Generic and cannot to be Tinkered with??. Worth a phone call to them  :happy2:

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 08:39:33 pm »
^^^ Stage 2 FTW  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was expecting that answer as Reply 1 and not 2 :laugh:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 08:44:11 pm »
I'd have thought that as you've added a DP, your map will need adjusting..... as current  map was setup on your old setup....

Just a thought  :happy2:

Dan

I was under the imprection, that Superchips do a manual and dsg map but the maps are were Generic and cannot to be Tinkered with??. Worth a phone call to them  :happy2:

think he means you need a new map, superchips do one which takes the exhaust into account

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 08:47:55 pm »
If the problem persists, then give Phil @ Milltek a call, but the map logic seems very sound.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 08:53:13 pm »
If the problem persists, then give Phil @ Milltek a call, but the map logic seems very sound.

Not sure what Milltek can do, unless they have moved into remaps......................

Saint Steve

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 08:58:50 pm »
I hope it isnt a miltek issue. I will give Superchips a call 2morrow to see if there is a different map to support my Turbo back Exh.

I have confidence in both companys to resolve the issue. That i have absolute no doubt :happy2:

The Cat was checked with an endiscope, my only thought is possible is that the Lambda sensors that were fitted to the new downpipe were either my original ones or could be the 2 that were in the downpipe when i purchased it, which could cause a lumpy idle if Damian Duff?.
Thanks Everyone :happy2:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 09:00:39 pm »
they wil supply you a map steve but its £50  :happy2:

"gosh thats more than i paid for the map and exhaust"  :signLOL:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Saint Steve

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 09:01:54 pm »

Isnt that the one that makes your graph plot get bigger numbers Nick? :scared:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 09:02:24 pm »
I hope it isnt a miltek issue. I will give Superchips a call 2morrow to see if there is a different map to support my Turbo back Exh.

I have confidence in both companys to resolve the issue. That i have absolute no doubt :happy2:

The Cat was checked with an endiscope, my only thought is possible is that the Lambda sensors that were fitted to the new downpipe were either my original ones or could be the 2 that were in the downpipe when i purchased it, which could cause a lumpy idle if Damian Duff?.
Thanks Everyone :happy2:

If you had duff sensors, the car would throw a CEL light, and would be ropey elsewhere too.  It is the map, and not having the correct map to reflect the exhaust change.

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 09:04:55 pm »

Isnt that the one that makes your graph plot get bigger numbers Nick? :scared:

the girls like the big ones phil. just do it chap  :happy2:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 09:40:35 pm »
pretty sure you can alter the idle using VCDS

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 12:19:34 am »

Not sure what Milltek can do, unless they have moved into remaps......................

....I didn't say that Milltek could fix it but they will be very aware of the factors involved, including those brought about by various remaps, and so may be able to give some useful/helpful information.

Also, such an exhaust-remap issue as Steve describes may be something which JKM have helpful knowledge of too.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:55:07 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!