Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie!!  (Read 2384 times)

Offline GTImattJ20

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Newbie!!
« on: June 15, 2020, 07:01:14 pm »
Hi everyone. Recently bought myself an immaculate shadow blue. Based in Bristol. Bought the car on 73k full service history. Completey standard when I bought it but have recently put jntake on it, resonator delete and stage 1 map and recently fitted golf r front brakes were are a massive improvement and well worth the money!. Done the usual common problems diverter vale  pcv and cam follower 3 days after I bought it for peice of mind. Next on the list to maybe get it abit lower just on springs and upgrade the stereo once I can find somebody who sells the pre coded gateways for battery drain. Once my phone stops being annoying I will add a photo

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
Re: Newbie!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 07:19:57 pm »
Welcome - nice to see another shadow blue GTI. I picked up mine about 2 years ago at about the same mileage that you have but only put on around 4000 miles since then as it’s my 3rd car and only play with it now and again. I have done similar with regard to maintenance work.

I upgraded my head unit to RCD330 which cost me about £120 and works great with iPhone for car play. I did upgrade the canbus just in case but I was made aware that there is a connector solution which supposedly fixes battery drain but I haven’t installed so I don’t know if that is the case or not. Something like this: https://a.aliexpress.com/_dTK37eK

I bought complete brand new front and rear R32 brake kit which I have yet to install as I was waiting on my current disc/pads to wear to them change them. I did upgrade/lower my car with H&R springs and Bilstein B8 dampers as one of my rear spring snapped so it needed doing anyway. For me this is a nice sporty/comfortable set-up. I have already acquired secondhand Passat lower control arms and Superpro Anti-lift kit so I need to install that also which I will look to do at same time as my brakes.

Anyway this is mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 07:24:02 pm »
Welcome to the forum

Offline GTImattJ20

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 10:24:39 pm »
Welcome - nice to see another shadow blue GTI. I picked up mine about 2 years ago at about the same mileage that you have but only put on around 4000 miles since then as it’s my 3rd car and only play with it now and again. I have done similar with regard to maintenance work.

I upgraded my head unit to RCD330 which cost me about £120 and works great with iPhone for car play. I did upgrade the canbus just in case but I was made aware that there is a connector solution which supposedly fixes battery drain but I haven’t installed so I don’t know if that is the case or not. Something like this: https://a.aliexpress.com/_dTK37eK

I bought complete brand new front and rear R32 brake kit which I have yet to install as I was waiting on my current disc/pads to wear to them change them. I did upgrade/lower my car with H&R springs and Bilstein B8 dampers as one of my rear spring snapped so it needed doing anyway. For me this is a nice sporty/comfortable set-up. I have already acquired secondhand Passat lower control arms and Superpro Anti-lift kit so I need to install that also which I will look to do at same time as my brakes.

Anyway this is mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how yours is sitting. Pretty much how I want mine. Not to low nor to stiff. Looking smart. Wish I had the xenon lights!!

Offline GTImattJ20

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 10:25:03 pm »