Make a donation

Author Topic: GTi Fuel  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Re: GTi Fuel
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 05:17:56 pm »
I filled up at the Shell garage on Saturday (by the M1 at Wakefield for those who are from the area) and I put a full tank of V-power at 120.9! Went back today and its now 121.9!!!!!!!! Thieving little bast.......

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 05:21:03 pm »
Russ you might find this thread useful, some guy who works at a fuel terminal and seems to know his stuff.  Seems they with heavily modded scoobys, arent noticing any difference with Tesco over V-power, not in the short term, but the cleaning additives and anti-friction chemicals should yield an advantage in teh long run, which fits with the 10 or so tanks of v-power to see a benefit.
HTH

I filled up with V-power by the side of the A20 the other day at 120.9, which hurt, but at the reading south services on the M4 standard unleaded was 125 which made me feel a whole lot better!!!  :pomppomp:

Forgot to hyper link sorry http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/768824-v-power-tesco-99-a.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:12:59 pm by Richn83 »

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 05:26:39 pm »
Cheers so i guess i should bite the bullet and pay for the v-power. robbing b*sterds
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 06:53:08 pm »
Probably more important if the car is mapped, but they will always respond well to anything over 95ron.

Anyone else having trouble getting VPower? I've been three times to my local Shell since Saturday and they still have non!  :confused: :sad1:

I'm having trouble too, they havent had any for days at my local shell garage in Bristol (opposite the BMW/Mini/Porsche dealers) and they have now run out of the normal UL stuff too. It was the same at the one close to my parents place in Devon.

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 08:43:36 pm »
Probably more important if the car is mapped, but they will always respond well to anything over 95ron.

Anyone else having trouble getting VPower? I've been three times to my local Shell since Saturday and they still have non!  :confused: :sad1:

I'm having trouble too, they havent had any for days at my local shell garage in Bristol (opposite the BMW/Mini/Porsche dealers) and they have now run out of the normal UL stuff too. It was the same at the one close to my parents place in Devon.

Worryingly when I asked when they were getting a delivery he looked even more confused than usual!  :chicken:

Ifti

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 08:48:35 pm »
Ive always used V-Power, and Tesco99 on the odd occasion.
Its only a couple of quid extra to fill up to the brim, so I would try to skimp on cheaper fuel that may do the engine damage in the longer term.

Stick to V-Power.  :happy2:

Offline mk2mexico

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 09:36:29 pm »
I live in the sticks and no supper ul at all :sad1:
nearest supper garage is 25miles away???
paying £1.25 for normal 95 ron  car goes ok but does sound like a disel after a thrash??
will the knock sensor not retard the engine and protect the engine from damage?