Make a donation

Author Topic: HELP! No locking wheel nut key  (Read 5424 times)

Offline GTI_Daz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
HELP! No locking wheel nut key
« on: March 19, 2010, 01:15:02 am »
Hi folks

Have come to removing my Monza II's as they have sold and realised that the dealer did not provide me with the locking wheel nut key. Have rang them and they do not have, told me that they did not get this with the car when they got it in

Any1 know how i can remove the wheels?

Thanks in advance  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: HELP! No locking wheel nut key
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:55:04 am »
If it's just a VW locking key, you should be able to get one from VW. IIRC, therr are about ten different locking nut designs so just a matter of finding the right one. Otherwise you'll have to have the bolt drilled out.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Sparky Craig

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
  • Looking To Sell my R32 :(
    • My R32 Page
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 03:17:54 am »
As Stealthwolf has said you should be able to take the car to VW and tell the guys in the parts department what the problem is, they should be able to bring a few lock nut keys out with them to try or tell which one you need by looking at them.

I had the very same problem when I bought my last car and the previous owner forgot to leave the lock nut key in the car.

Most car tyre places have Universal Locking Nut Removing sets to remove lock nuts from wheels that customers have forgotten to bring the correct keys for or you TRY a set like the following.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/94826/Van-Car-Accessories/Mechanics-Tools/Emergency-Locking-Wheel-Nut-Remover-4-Pc?cm_mmc=Shopzilla-_-Van%20and%20Car%20Accessories-_-Mechanics%20Tools-_-Emergency%20Locking%20Wheel%20Nut%20Remover%204%20Pc&source=aw#

Offline GTI_Daz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:08:43 pm »
Managed to get it sorted in the end, cheers folks

:happy2: