Make a donation

Author Topic: Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sports  (Read 844 times)

Offline BigstickytoffeeGTI30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sports
« on: May 25, 2021, 06:57:43 pm »
Hi all,

Just thought I'd give a quick review following an enforced tyre change due to a pot hole which resulted in me needing a new set of rubbers. Had Eagle Asymmetric 5's on the front which I have never gelled with, AS3's on before which seemed to work well and handle the remapped cars power without issue.

Straight from the get go with the 5's I noticed my fuel consumption drop by 2-3mpg, and it scrabble easily -even in dry- for grip. Even when they wore in they found it difficult to put down 300bhp without slipping a little, and as the came to half their life they began to tramline badly and the turn in/steering feel was really poor. I thought there was an issue with suspension and had it checked twice, not thinking that the tyres could be the problem.

After hitting the pothole I thought to try the PS4's, but opted to give the SS's a try given the general positive reviews. Wow! What a difference already and after only a few hundred miles. The turn in feels really sharp with the front keen to bite in hard and hold the line, the drive feels straight and true with no issues putting power down even in slightly damp conditions. A massive difference which has made me enjoy the car so much more again. Role on next weeks dry/warm weather! I would say there is a slight increase in road noise and the tyre feels firm giving a slightly edgier ride, but the car now feels so much more connected to the road, even in the crap weather we've seen over the last few days. Feel consumption is now back up to near 40mpg on my 18 miles commute also.

I paid about £175 on Camskill with a mate free fitting, imo defo worth a look if you are in need of new tyres!

:happy2:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 06:59:23 pm by BigstickytoffeeGTI30 »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sports
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 12:26:29 pm »
+1 mate.  I really like them  :happy2:

They are a bit harsher and tramline more than the PS4, but the trade off is worth it if you drive hard.

These tyres are just below their SS R track tyre, so some compromises on the road have to be expected but it's still a daily usable tyre in all conditions.  I've even used them in snow  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D