Make a donation

Author Topic: Hard Starts and trouble filling up tank on 08 GLI (bpy engine)  (Read 318 times)

Offline Awisko

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
hey guys! long time lurker and first time poster (though i drive a GLI not a GTI, please we can be friends!) and ive been having some issues with her. It has 242,000 km on the odo, and lately ive been having really long and hard starts in the morning after sitting 10+ hours, and also a lot of issues filling up the tank with petrol. When at the tank it will gas up for about 7-10 seconds before it clicks off like its full, fuel will be slowly trickling down the pipe into the tank and it takes me like 7-10 min to fully tank up. I was wondering if a faulty n80 valve could cause this? im not having and codes at all, engine runs great as soon as its started it just sputters to life like it isnt getting fuel. Last time i checked lpfp on vcds i was getting about 50-52% duty cycle at idle, so i have my thoughts thats on its way out too and have a new fuel filter coming (only about 10k on this but its been 5 years). Some basic stuff: Cam follower was replaced at 241,000 and it had the black stuff off the top but wasnt worn through, cam looked and felt good same with HPFP. Oil changed 1300km ago with liqui moly 5w-40 high tech, and always filled with shell v power 91.

can get a video to post of it starting if anyone is curious.

thanks everyone in advance!