Make a donation

Author Topic: Has anybody actually replaced the n75 boost controller on their mk5 GTI?  (Read 251 times)

Offline Cohibastevie

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
So I had my car mapped on Friday.

Performance gains were phenomenal and it’s like driving a different car. However (as had been seemingly reported many times by other users on this forum) I’m getting insane boost pressures (30+ psi) when doing pulls and when I hit 4000 rpm in third or 4th going up a hill the over boost protection is kicking in and the car going into limp mode with the whole thing resetting itself when the ignition turned off and on again yada yada.

Been scouring the forums the last few days and most signs point to checking DV, MAP and N75 boost controller.

A revision G dv with GFB went in on the car with new MAP sensor just a week ago, all been running well so confident I can rule them out.

That leaves the n75 boost controller - I can find no videos anywhere of somebody replacing one of these on their mk5 GTI, there’s a few out there for a4s but those engines are mounted longitudinal. It’s not the process of replacing that I’m questioning, it seems a piece of piss.

However…

Access to it seems downright hellish to work on, a to get the torx bolts holding it in out, and b to get it crimp style hose clamps back on there just seems no room at all to operate.

Is removing wheel arch liner the “voila” moment leaving me enough space to tackle this job?

I don’t have vcds or access to it btw so I can’t confirm if the n75 is the problem or not.

Anyway in advance I thank you all for your sage advice!

Offline Cohibastevie

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Has anybody actually replaced the n75 boost controller on their mk5 GTI?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 05:46:20 am »
 :happy2:Anybody?

Thanks lol

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 50
Re: Has anybody actually replaced the n75 boost controller on their mk5 GTI?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 09:29:43 am »
The removal of the drivers side wheel arch liner will allow you to stare at it face on.  Looking at replacing mine for maintenance reasons
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI