Make a donation

Author Topic: Dodgy Ed30 Ad...  (Read 2462 times)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
Dodgy Ed30 Ad...
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:01:25 pm »
Now that I'm properly shopping for a Golf, I keep coming across things like this. Why do people lie in their ads? It's very annoying!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201016357466624/usedcars?atcide=emgm6&logcode=emf

Hint - headlights
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Nasir

Re: Dodgy Ed30 Ad...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:02:21 pm »
I guess they actually think they have xenons when in actual fact what they have are fake HID adapters.

Offline webbygti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 09:48:49 pm »
i still wouldnt say no to it

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »
Probably an honest mistake, or generic cut and paste text used by Autotader?  :chicken:

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 10:07:46 pm »
i had the same ..looked at a few minter that had every box ticked...or so they told me :laugh:

Offline bindinbear

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Newbie lovin' the edition 30
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:40:37 pm »
Some websites enter features automatically and are not proof read ie experian do listings based on the vrm of the vehicle for details. Beware for previous owners ie on eBay lists as previous owners will not include the current owner ie my old car I had from the factory and it was later advertised when I part exchanged it as '0' owners. :stupid: I fell for this when I bought my ed30 from lexus of all places. I was told one owner, website said one owner. I am actually the 3rd owner! They paid for their mistake with a few sweeteners shall we say! In anycase she's a fully loaded low mileage minter and I love it!!! Good luck in your quest for a new golf :smiley:
08' Edition 30 no.1899. 5dr steel grey DSG. MFSW, xenons, sunroof, rns510, ipod prep, armrest, voice activation, bluetooth, parking sensors.

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 07:41:07 am »
It'd be truely dodgy if it were priced at £10k. We've discussed a few of those on here. Apart from the headlight mistake it seems legit to me, although I've seen many of that year from advertised around £14k to £15k. 

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 08:24:26 am »
I don't think it's dodgy, just an idiot seller!

I've been to see many, many cars in my time that have had the wrong description and most of them were from main dealers! It's usually that they know jack sh1t about the cars in the first place. The guy who owns that golf has probably heard somewhere that his golf should have xenon lights and thought "I must have these".

I went to see an Ibiza Cupra sport many years ago and the dealer swore blind it had air-con (was one of my must-haves) but when I turned up, it didn't. He spent a few mins playing with the controls trying to turn the air-con on before admitting "I don't think it has air-con"   :congrats:

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 08:35:00 am »
He clearly has copied and pasted the description, as he doesnt even mention the drop down tv he's installed and im not suure if he even has headlight washers!

I had the oposite with mine, advertised without xenons, only me being a bit of a geek that I noticed the picture had them, and this was from a main dealer so was well pleased when I turned up  :party:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 09:13:10 am »
looks like quite a nice example IMO, i'd give the seller the benefit of the doubt.  I bought my golf with poverty spec headlights only to find out later on it had a HID kit fitted.  The light output was pretty good but then the kit developed problems, VW wouldnt touch it dispite selling it to me that way, the beam pattern was a dog and im now back on poverty spec bulbs as I cant be arsed with it all.

Yes I would love xenons but its not the end of the world  :smiley:

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 01:27:06 pm »
Perhaps I'm nit-picking and guess it highlights that you should do your home work and know what you are looking for. But if it wasnt so obvious (i.e. you can see the headlights in the photo) and you have travelled a long way to see the car, you'd be a bit annoyed if it didnt have something the seller claimed it did. That's all I was getting at.

The complete opposite happened to me yesterday though. I went to look at a Golf that met my 'minimum spec'. The description and photos weren't great and didnt show the interior very well. I arrived to find it fully loaded with leather Recaros!  :party:
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator