Make a donation

Author Topic: Been offered 13.5k for my car by a dealer in Ipswich, should I take it!!  (Read 3127 times)

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • 57 REG ED30 5325 MILES!
Do I look like I came up the river on the last banana boat!

Against a new car as well!

Stealers want it both ways and more, rather burn it than give it away. :P
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:17:51 pm by cossy »

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Thats just silly, I got offered 13k for mine  :stupid:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
Do I look like I came up the river on the last banana boat!

Against a new car as well!

Stealers want it both ways and more, rather burn it than give it away. :P

That's why they call'em Stealers.
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline Smudgster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
thats a pi^^ take imo

Offline Matt23

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Are you getting big discount on the new car ?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
How old is it ?, they only offered me 14k for mine

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
13k for a car with 5k on the clock  :signLOL: you have driven it more  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
u also know it will end up on the pitch at £18500  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Totally get your anger mate, but to give us who don't know your ride a clue as to how much of a slap this is can you give us a clue what model, year mileage you have? Also what price are webuyanycar offering?

I hate these weasels, I won't even go to them for a service now.

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re my car details it's a 3 dr met grey edition 30. Mileage now at 5300, must update my profile!!!
Owned from new, serviced and supplied from vw.Reg Nov 07 (57) Uk car.
Garaged and used some weekends only!
 :smiley:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:46:54 am by cossy »

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Cars not even run yet :grin: There's a lot of people wanting to sell there ed30's on here at the moment.
I always try to sell my car privately as Trade in has never been worth it and for those that always get top dollar Iam very sceptical as I have yet to meet a skint dealer. Good luck though :happy2: nice alloys

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Mr Cossy ,

What is the spec because i was looking to buy a Met Grey 3 dr ed30 ,I am paying cash to a dealer for a Red one with everything except a sunroof @ £18k  .

The car is being preped this week and on the understanding it has to be right or i walk away,

I have paid a k deposit by mastercard ,when I arrived to view it the dent in the quarter panel was worse than described and they forgot to mention by phone the kerbed wheels .

To there credit all areas are being sorted and the car is otherwise Mint ,the dent is being pushed out and then touched in and Polished to make it as good as possible ,I said invisible and they said as best as possible .The wheels 2 off full refurb and two have little marks thy will touch in

They sell new Jags and Volvos and asure me there guys are Good

Now if it isnt as i want it i would walk away or insist that money comes off and will sort it myself ,

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR DETAILS and a price as i would come and buy from you if this RED 3dr with nav xenons ,dsg and 9k one owner isnt 100% to my satisfaction regards scooba
P

IF

Ifti

Ifti

The stealers would take it from you at £13.5k, and in my experience, they add around £3-4k on top when they put it out on sale.
They offerred me £16k when I was selling mine last year, and told me they would put it out for around £18k.
Bear in mind when people buy from stealers they pay the premium, but also get a year warranty etc as well, which some people like to go for, for piece of mind if anything else.

£13.5k is a rip off price for your car though - but then again what more did you expect from the stealers!

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Mr Cossy ,

What is the spec because i was looking to buy a Met Grey 3 dr ed30 ,I am paying cash to a dealer for a Red one with everything except a sunroof @ £18k  .

The car is being preped this week and on the understanding it has to be right or i walk away,

I have paid a k deposit by mastercard ,when I arrived to view it the dent in the quarter panel was worse than described and they forgot to mention by phone the kerbed wheels .

To there credit all areas are being sorted and the car is otherwise Mint ,the dent is being pushed out and then touched in and Polished to make it as good as possible ,I said invisible and they said as best as possible .The wheels 2 off full refurb and two have little marks thy will touch in

They sell new Jags and Volvos and asure me there guys are Good

Now if it isnt as i want it i would walk away or insist that money comes off and will sort it myself ,

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR DETAILS and a price as i would come and buy from you if this RED 3dr with nav xenons ,dsg and 9k one owner isnt 100% to my satisfaction regards scooba
P

IF

PM me and see if we can come to a deal. As mentioned in my details up for a deal  but not a stupid one!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:21:16 am by cossy »