Make a donation

Author Topic: Thinking of bailing out on my ED30!!!!  (Read 41001 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Thinking of bailing out on my ED30!!!!
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2010, 04:14:10 pm »
i dont get y its cost you so much to do  :confused: i would shock u at what mines cost all in and the only thing u have that i dont is a fuel pump and i dont want one so thats only £300 plus £50 for software so i am  :confused: and the diff but i can have that done for £1000
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:16:16 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2010, 04:18:20 pm »
i dont get y its cost you so much to do  :confused: i would shock u at what mines cost all in and the only thing u have that i dont is a fuel pump and i dont want one so thats only £300 plus £50 for software so i am  :confused: and the diff but i can have that done for £1000

....Yes, but you're a spanner monkey, Mat.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2010, 04:20:28 pm »
Hurdy hasn't paid £15k in labour, Robin.
Sideways yo!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2010, 04:20:44 pm »
not really Robin i just dont mind getting stuck in and helping and helping u learn things

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2010, 04:25:18 pm »
not really Robin i just dont mind getting stuck in and helping and helping u learn things

....I've learnt a lot by watching and watching. My helping would be more of a hindrance!

But back on topic, which way will Master Hurdy turn?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2010, 04:26:32 pm »

....I've learnt a lot by watching and watching. My helping would be more of a hindrance!

But back on topic, which way will Master Hurdy turn?

oh god yeah i remember the drop links Robin  :signLOL:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2010, 04:31:38 pm »
Mine stands me at less than £4k in bits, it'd take half a day to remove them all and I'd get probably 2/3rds of that money back on the 2nd hand market.

Have I had even 0.0005% less fun that anyone else? No.

20 months, 10 track days, 2 Ring trips (40+ laps) 22k miles and its only lost 2-3K in depreciation = win. I could have ploughed a load of money into making it quicker, but what would I have achieved? All that time, I've been saving for something else instead....

Golfs are great fun. Golfs are not financially viable big game hunters. Know when to stop.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:33:16 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2010, 04:42:19 pm »
Mine stands me at less than £4k in bits, it'd take half a day to remove them all and I'd get probably 2/3rds of that money back on the 2nd hand market.

20 months, 10 track days, 2 Ring trips (40+ laps) 22k miles and its only lost 2-3K in depreciation = win. I could have ploughed a load of money into making it quicker, but what would I have achieved? All that time, I've been saving for something else instead....

Golfs are great fun. Golfs are not financially viable big game hunters. Know when to stop.

....You probably should have been an accountant, Mike.  :smiley:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2010, 05:51:35 pm »

Couldnt agree more, when i see some of the power you guys are running on your ed 30s im like Jesus !
Honestly on my gti i dont want more power, yea when its up to speed and not wheel spinning more power is benificial, but apart from that i cant really see the benifit.

Hurdy, i think you have pretty much maxed out the ed 30 :congrats:, dont really see where you could go from here TBH, you could maybe shave a bit here or there, but what ever you do from now on isnt really going to see the differances you want unless you go 4 wheel drive, as said though this will probably cost mega bucks and damage resale values of the car.

If i was you id try to advertise your car as is for a price you are happy with, if you dont get any intrest strip it and sell it on.

I watched your video on the ring and read the comments of that guy with the CSL, the thing about the m3 and the golf is the golf feels faster due to the deceptiveness of the gtis turbo and the way the torque hits you, on the m3 and csl it blends it on much smoother so doesnt feel as quick but trust me it is quicker (not saying an m3 is quicker than your GTI)
That csl on the ring was either not driven well or the guy was warming up or just learning the track, or you are a bloody good driver, i dont think there is much doubt if that car was on it you wouldnt be going past it at those sort of speeds.
Also dont think its fair to compare one of the fastest gtis in the country to an unmodded / lightly modded 911 CSL or M3

Car choice, you probably already know yourself what you want deep down, but IMO i dont think you will get better than an m3,
(as mentioned the e46 might me getting a bit old for ya now) but an ESS vt 550 supercharger will cost ya about £8k fitted, a set of coilovers and some APs will take you to about £13k and there is not much out there that will touch it.

You do have a nice car, that is running amazing FWD times so why get rid of it if you are happy with your recent ring times and 1/4 miles ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:57:58 pm by gobbleplease »
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline 94Luke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2010, 05:58:36 pm »
My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the thread title, but having read the the rest of the thread my mind has been put at ease  :grin: :signLOL:    

Do you want to stick to something without a left pedal? What type of shape you thinking? (coupe, saloon, estate...) RWD/4WD? Are you gonna use it some days or completely strip it out?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2010, 06:10:01 pm »
so keep the ed30 and haldex it from an r32 would save you lots of messing about and just cage the bugger job done

Hmmmmmm.

Its do able. the guy that tunes my car, is doing it to his vRS, he already has the full rear axle and other gubbins from an R32 to get fitted in his workshop.

heres proof of what you could be doing with some HALDEX action on yor car.  If i was you it is what i would be doing, as its a damn site more original than the likes of the TT-RS, EVOs, BMWs and impreza.
[/youtube]

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2010, 07:08:27 pm »
i dont get y its cost you so much to do  :confused: i would shock u at what mines cost all in and the only thing u have that i dont is a fuel pump and i dont want one so thats only £300 plus £50 for software so i am  :confused: and the diff but i can have that done for £1000

Partly because I've chopped and changed so much....

3 lots of suspension
3 tuner ECU maps
2 TCU maps
various intakes
several sets of alloys
£3.5k sound system

It all adds up :rolleye:
Golf R gone.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2010, 07:20:04 pm »

....You probably should have been an accountant, Mike.  :smiley:

I'm sure you've a motivational "live the dream, don't worry about the money" line to go along with this - I'm not saying you're wrong.

I buy a car, have a bit of fun with it and move on. Every pound saved by not chasing figures/scene points/some idea of perfection (not that I see you or Hurdy doing any of these) is a pound closer and a day sooner towards my dream car.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2010, 07:27:31 pm »

I'm sure you've a motivational "live the dream, don't worry about the money" line to go along with this - I'm not saying you're wrong.

I buy a car, have a bit of fun with it and move on. Every pound saved by not chasing figures/scene points/some idea of perfection (not that I see you or Hurdy doing any of these) is a pound closer and a day sooner towards my dream car.

....Fear not, Mike - I respect the way you think but I'm just totally different. At my age one tends to be less ambitious and in many ways I'm already living my dream with my GTI.  :happy2:

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2010, 07:35:40 pm »
Hurdy is the current spec of your car on here some where i  have searched and can't find it

Having read your posts you really don't want to sell it do you :happy2: