Make a donation

Author Topic: Detailing Help Req'd!, and car needs some TLC  (Read 5653 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Detailing Help Req'd!, and car needs some TLC
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 12:10:37 am »
How do you find red mist B3n? Am gonna give the car a second coat of supernatural and then red mist from thereon.

A full detail is clay and polish on top of everything else. You shouldnt need to polish more than twice a year, plus it wear the clearcoat down faster.

A superquick detail for me is a blast of snowfoam and rinse. A quick detail is drying the car too. A standard detail is wash, rinse, dry and top up the wax or use quick detailer as well as things like windows, trim, tyres and exhaust. Standard detail should be done regularly (every fortnight or month if not more often) especially in the summer. In the winter, obviously you'll end up doing it less frequently which is when a superquick was is enough to at least get dirt and salt grit off the car. 

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 12:49:31 pm »
I get on with the red mist really well never had any problems applying it or removing it. It gives a really nice slick finish and it lasts for a few weeks ive also recenty started using it on my wheels and for this it is priceless imo. I would definately recomend it :happy2:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline gazjones

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Design portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 02:29:53 pm »
There's all sorts out there as has been mentioned. I pretty much stick to autoglym, with the odd bit of Meguiars creeping it's way into the kit. Over the last couple of months I've built myself a decent kit up, so anything I need for detailing I pretty much have (cost me well over £150 altogether but definitely worth having).

Claying is a must as has been mentioned, theres plenty of kits out there, I used the Meguiars starter kit (£25 from halfrauds) which included 2 clay bars, you'll only use one on the first time, some lube, a cloth, and wax.

There's not really anything I can add that hasn't already been said, post some pics once you've done it  :happy2:

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 10:30:44 pm »
Big fan of red mist here, seems to have been out of sorts over on Dw for some reason.
Big prob with Halfrauds and AG products is that they dont have the latest AG products they are always months behind.
If you like megs then try out their paste wax NO16, cheap and good results at a good price. Megs l/wool mitts have a bug removing side. I have these now and I am going to try it out against my Sonus one which is still going strong.
For me though a wash every week or two depending on times and a quick red mist keeps my car looking good.
But as Stealth said a good base to work on def helps.