Make a donation

Author Topic: WEITEC or AP's?  (Read 12561 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: WEITEC or AP's?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 10:30:05 pm »
Last time i looked Balance motorsport would match the cheapest price you could find, and Julian the owner is very nice with good advice.  :wink:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 11:20:19 pm »
There shouldnt be a ride quality diferance between V1s and V2s ive had both, i had a play about with the rebound on the v2s and basically felt it was best on the factory recommened setting which the v1s are set at anyway, so i thought it was pointless going for the v2s this time, plus it saved me a few squid, if you fancy the v2s though go for it, they are great, its just that i didnt use the rebound on it :happy2:
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 11:07:34 am »
I have tried and tested most aftermarket suspension solutions, from the bottom of the market FK and Gmax stuff right to 8k+ Bilstein setups. I find the B12 setup to be the best on most cars that use the MK5 platform, nothing else has impressed me that greatly. In comparison the KW and AP setups seem a bit to harsh.

Suspension is a very subjective upgrage, we get people come in with some really rubbish ebay coilovers that have broken after 3 months claiming that they were fantastic and the handling was great although they then realise how bad it was when they freplace them with something good. Until you have tried a few setups you cant judge how good it actually is, most buyers dont get this opportunity, I am fortunate that I do  :smiley: but what I like may not be someone elses ideal.

Offline tanbe174

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 03:08:45 pm »
I'm getting a set of KW V3's this month.... i only want them for a nice stance (as my Eibach pro Sport) and comfort... are these the best to go for ?

Never go on track days...and never really race hard
on the ed30/pirelli if your going for stance imo you cant go wrong with eibach sportlines and 8 mm wheel spacers

Is there any difference between the GTI and Ed30 stance heights coming from stock ?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 03:11:10 pm »

Is there any difference between the GTI and Ed30 stance heights coming from stock ?

....Nope. Same suspension, same DSG box, same lots of things.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 04:55:57 pm »
I'm thinking KW V2 are my best bet then in terms of corrosion-free, ride and mid comfort ?

Anyone else disagree - hope im making the right choice ?

I used to have the V2's Rich and the ride is more comfortable than stock, they are great.  :happy2:

V2 it is :)

Now where is the cheapest place to get them  :signLOL:  ?

im glad we have been able to help you make a decision to buy kw's in a thread with a subject "WEITEC or AP's?"  :signLOL:  :signLOL::signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: