Make a donation

Author Topic: Insurance Company sues for uninsured mods  (Read 2305 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Insurance Company sues for uninsured mods
« on: May 17, 2010, 10:40:16 am »
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/8164221.Car_owner_being_sued_by_her_insurance_firm/

Eeek.....

Just shows, in "fatal" circumstances, insurance companies will go to the Nth Degree to not pay out.

They even mentioned Pedal covers!

what a headache for someone!

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
Re: Insurance Company sues for uninsured mods
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:45:13 am »
foot pedal covers, gear lever knob, carpet mats, seat covers, multi-disc player and head unit.

Feck me a lot of the above is standard on most cars... :laugh:

Must admit, never heard of Diamond Insurance though...perhaps she was there only client... :signLOL:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 10:45:54 am »
Read this the other day. Not only the pedal covers that's a bit concerning, but even things like seat covers and car mats..  :confused:
This is a blatant case of a young lad insuring his car through his mum, so I think they are trying to go to town on the other stuff to avoid paying out by the looks of things..

Offline tanbe174

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 10:59:10 am »
maybe it didn't had these things when they bought it (very unlikely)  :laugh:
Hope the judge will dismiss the case because it's just blunt stupid. Clearly they don't want to pay out.

Googled Diamond insurance and it's a woman insurance only company ??  :stupid:

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 11:00:36 am »
I'm sure if the only mods were interior stuff then they wouldn't be doing this. The insurance company would have a hard time proving that the interior stuff contributed to the accident. The suspension and wheels is pretty valid though.

When I was 17, I crashed my first car and it had alloys on it that were not declared. Direct line were the insurers and did refuse to pay out on the claim until I first paid them the extra £50 on the premium the alloys would have caused. This was very reasonable and very decent of them. I paid the extra, then they wrote off the car and gave me the full value as a claim.
This is one of the reasons I refuse to go anywhere else for insurance. The cheapest quote is not always the best, good service and peace of mind is well worth a few extra quid  :wink:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:00:39 pm »
Obvious case of 'fronting' - throw the book at him for fraudulently obtaining and don't pay out. Abuse of Traders policies is just as bad.

Why should I pay a premium for other's to take the p***? If you can't insure it, don't buy it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:04:33 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 01:10:20 pm »
Think the court may rule in favour of the Insurance Company on this one.

Lowered suspension, Alloys, Bonnet vent, Induction Kit and Stainless Exhaust. All should have been declared. I think they are just listing the other stuff to "pad out" their case.

Sounds like a case of a young guy who ran out of ability rather rapidly.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 02:19:20 pm »
Think the court may rule in favour of the Insurance Company on this one.

Lowered suspension, Alloys, Bonnet vent, Induction Kit and Stainless Exhaust. All should have been declared. I think they are just listing the other stuff to "pad out" their case.

Sounds like a case of a young guy who ran out of ability rather rapidly.

As you say Mater, the list of performance enhancing mods (as much as they can on a corsa) should have been notified, however to include carpet mats and seat covers is ridiculous as these neither enhance the performance or cause the vehicle to be a more desirable target for theft not un-less the little geet installed diamond encrusted ones!  :grin:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 03:43:26 pm »
Must admit, never heard of Diamond Insurance though...perhaps she was there only client... :signLOL:

It's a women-only insurer (although I do believe they also insure men :stupid:) who are part of the Admiral group.

FOR SALE!