Make a donation

Author Topic: Z4 m Coupe.  (Read 10577 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Z4 m Coupe.
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 01:39:46 pm »
Well I'm sure in some cases it's six and two threes. There will be people around here that have spent new(ish) Cayman S money on their Golfs or S3s.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 04:44:03 pm »
purely a taste thing, but for me its fookin ugly  :sick:

the swage lines make the car look bent in the middle, the bonnet is too bulbous and far too long, drive with another male in the front and its "ello sailor" as well if youve got the drop top

its your boat and if it floats it then do it, but for me it does absolutely nothing at all...nadda... zero... ziltch... zip... i couldnt live with the looks, regardless of the engine being a masterpiece blah blah blah

oh.. and good luck in the winter, buy some sensible shoes, a bus pass or a second car cos you'll be going no where in the wet/sleet/snow/damp/mildly moist  :laugh:

simply pointless car considering the others in its class or within the BMW range for that matter

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 05:56:28 pm »
simply pointless car considering the others in its class or within the BMW range for that matter

How is it pointless? It was originally a roadster, that has been made into a coupe. By that theory you are also saying that a Porsche Cayman is pointless too?
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 06:07:13 pm »

How is it pointless? It was originally a roadster, that has been made into a coupe. By that theory you are also saying that a Porsche Cayman is pointless too?

nope i didnt mention the cayman at all, were talking about 1 car not 1 style of car and taking all manufacturers into account :smiley:

i simply dont like them, i allowed that opinion, it is after all a discussion board no?  :wink: :drinking:

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 09:40:43 pm »
i suppose they are close to pointless, they're not soft top or folding roof, but not saloon, having said that they are all serious weapons if they are a tuned s3 or a standard cayman s in the right (or wrong) hands they can be put to good use!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 03:12:50 pm »
Been lapping a Z4 this weekend, it was fun! An M would be super funny. I love the feeling of sliding in it when you're sat on the rear wheels.

I'd still choose the Cayman S over it though, out of the box perfect. Get sticky tyres and talent/balls then destroy everything.
Sideways yo!

Offline BenR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 05:22:30 pm »
Really like these cars after seeing a few at the ring over the weekend, heres a few pics for you TC

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 05:23:40 pm »
AArrrghh i am at work so cant see pics.  :sad1:

will take a look tomorrow. Cheers.  :drinking:

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 11:26:07 pm »
I have a Z4 M Roadster ....

I bought it after selling my Edition 30 (which was rather successfully Bluefin remapped  :evilgrin:)

I miss the Edition 30.  Remapped it was quicker than the Z4M but the thing is, one is RWD with effortless power easily deployed and also makes a gorgeous noise !!

The Z4M is not too bad on petrol for what it is .... I have consistently got 24mpg which I don't think is too bad for the sort of car it is. The problem is the tank is too small so you are forever filling it up.  200-220 miles on a tank is a pain.

The suspension is hard but the car is supposed to be a sports car so I don't mind or find it too bad.  The seats are very firm but actually quite good.  The steering is very direct and the car is quite lively (which you should expect) but the odd thing is that I find it easy to drive for long distances without getting tired.

If you want a car with a superb engine and power everywhere then get one.  It is quite quick to say the least but a remapped S3/Ed30 is at least as quick on the move.

Downsides ... te gearchange is unbelievably cr*p ..... very notchy and obstructive 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 2nd.  I drove three before I bought mine and all were the same - it is a well known gripe.  Tyres come in at £230 each.  Oil service is about £250-300.  Inspection 1 service £800 and Inspection 2 is £1100-1200.   Road Tax £400+ with suitably dear insurance as oddly, some people have stuffed them big time.  I am 44 and pay just under £700 with full prot NCB.

If the above hasn't put you off then go try a Coupe ..... same car as mine but obviously with a roof and really good looks .....

Hope this helps you  :wink:

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 10:47:09 pm »
the white m coupe is  :drool: :drool: :drool: like wow...what bhp are the z4 coupes? i know theres like 3 different engines is the m coupe 330ish?

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 09:39:08 am »
i ve been looking at these too TC ,i ve also looked at a cayman s and boxter s but for the money you can get newer lower milage z4m, cant compare the s3 to the z4m cause its a completely different animal , bhp is 343 , i would say my s3 feels quicker but the z4m feels like a real sports car , not looked at a white coupe but will now cause they look cool , go drive one TC think you ll like

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 10:03:51 am »
^^^ Since when ever does Jeremy clarkson Top Gear top Tip ever be correct  :wink:
.............when he did the MK5 GTI.  :wink:  :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2010, 09:37:37 pm »
i ve had a z4m today for a good 2 hours test drive , it is an 08 plate roadster in sepang bronze , lovely looking car so here are my thoughts .....  first start up the engine sounds great well exhaust sounds great the 3.2 m3 engine is super quiet BUT imo my s3 with non res milltek on song sounds as good if not better , its a fast car BUT my s3 with stage 1 CC is faster (not as much torque by quite a way )but much more go , build quality again imo the audi has the edge here too , the interior is like chalk and cheese compared to my s3 the bmw rattles and squeeks all over the place seats are good but no where near the vag recaro s, the general drive and handling is good , its well planted BUT nothing like the s3 ,  so overall the z4m is a nice sports/ soft top car BUT not as good as s3 in any area really , hth   TC   
  problem i have now is what the hell do i go for now ???? :happy2:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2010, 10:17:08 pm »
Cayman S.

Unfortunately, after a mapped S3, there's not a lot out there for the money that is a lot faster, however speed isn't everything....
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2010, 10:35:30 pm »
Really like these cars after seeing a few at the ring over the weekend, heres a few pics for you TC

That looks  :sick: , part of me likes the Z4m but its still to poncy for me.