Make a donation

Author Topic: what could it be?  (Read 7050 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: what could it be?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 11:06:28 am »
So is your expectation that the sudden loss of power, was related to the ABS pump failure, ie the faulty pump was causing the brakes to be applied or for the ESP module to be pulling back the power?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 05:44:53 pm »
So is your expectation that the sudden loss of power, was related to the ABS pump failure, ie the faulty pump was causing the brakes to be applied or for the ESP module to be pulling back the power?

well i hope so, my car is going in to vw on thursday night and hopefully have it back next week sometime, im putting it down to the abs pump, or igniton coils. vw are going to do a full scan of everything and i reported the power loss issue to them and they are going to fault find. ill keep you posted on the situation
blue graphite Gti, full leather, arm rest with 6disk changer, 18'' Monza 2's, now changed to Perscara's, rear (i cant see) parking sensors :p dual climate, pipercross panel filter. remus sports cat back to come

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 05:48:10 pm »
Further to my Honest John link on page 1 of this thread I quote from his website;

ESP warning light can indicate Fault Code "Boost Pressure Sensor G201". This is embedded inside Teves Mk 60 ABS systems and requires replacement of ABS control unit/pump. Seems to be age-related, occurring mainly in 3 - 5 year old cars. Does not necessarily lead to an MoT failure. VAG policy seems to be to pay 100% for fully VAG serviced cars up to 48 months old. Older than that, 35, but readers have fought for more and got up to 70%. Non VAG serviced, smaller negotiated contribution towards £1,500 cost of replacement. More on the problem and independent rebuilds of the unit at: http://ecutesting.com/vw_golf_touran_abs_pump_module.html

Bummer, dude. :confused:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 12:17:41 pm »
well theres good news and good news, vw, started work on the car today, they will have my part in for tomorrow and i can collect the car at lunch time, they have only had it one day too lol, also as my car is out of warrenty as its 5years old, normaly vw will give you a 20% discount on some parts im lead to belive?? i was told thats all i would get but my local dealer called just now to say im gettn 50% off my bill. i am extreamly happy now... :signLOL: :grin:
blue graphite Gti, full leather, arm rest with 6disk changer, 18'' Monza 2's, now changed to Perscara's, rear (i cant see) parking sensors :p dual climate, pipercross panel filter. remus sports cat back to come

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 10:40:19 am »
picked up my car yesterday and its fine again  :happy2: total bill was £500