Make a donation

Author Topic: Best Place to get wheels painted/powder coated?  (Read 1633 times)

Offline S3 Ed

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Best Place to get wheels painted/powder coated?
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:35:25 am »
Hi Chaps,
As some of you may of read on my members intro, I have had some Speedline Turinis on order for the past 5 weeks and have ordered them in Anthracite. After reading on Audisport.net that Speedline no longer produce them in Anthracite, I spoke to my supplier on many occasions regarding this and he assured me that they still do and they will be delivered in the colour I required.
Well they came yesterday  :jumping: and guess what? They're SILVER!!!!  :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: I can not tell you how immensely fooked off I was (and still am), as the car will be wheel-less as from next Fri (TD's are going back on Ben's car).
Anyway, after a slightly heated phone call this morning to the supplier and them just pinning the blame on Speedline in Italy. I have finally managed to get £160 refunded back to me to go towards them getting painted. So guys, has anyone got anyone they can recommend for the job. Don't mind paying decent money to get them done as I obviously want a professional job doing with them being brand new wheels and not cheap. I live in Lincoln, so the closer to there the better ideally..  :wink:
Thanks in advance for any suggestions  :happy2:
07 S3. Revo Stage 2+, Milltek turbo back (Res), Autotech Pump, Dbilas intake, Spec Stage 3 clutch and SMF, Speedline Turini's (gloss black), Optics grill, front & rear valance satin black, gloss black mirror caps. 13.1 @ 107 MPH (Santa Pod Feb 10)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Best Place to get wheels painted/powder coated?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:42:18 am »
Sorry to hear your frustrations, would pi$$ me off big style too!!

Not near Lincoln but A1 wheels in Wolverhampton are as good as they get!  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:57:09 am »

Not near Lincoln but A1 wheels in Wolverhampton are as good as they get!  :happy2:

I've heard nothing but good things about them Nath TBH. How much per 18" rim, do you know?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:04:29 am »

I've heard nothing but good things about them Nath TBH. How much per 18" rim, do you know?

It really does vary on the wheels style, finish, type of paint etc? Best to give them a call with the specific's and get a price that way. Nigel's your man: 07854 962807  :happy2:

Offline S3 Ed

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 11:35:21 am »
Cheers mate, i'll give him a ring anyway.  :happy2:
07 S3. Revo Stage 2+, Milltek turbo back (Res), Autotech Pump, Dbilas intake, Spec Stage 3 clutch and SMF, Speedline Turini's (gloss black), Optics grill, front & rear valance satin black, gloss black mirror caps. 13.1 @ 107 MPH (Santa Pod Feb 10)

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 11:58:26 am »
Yup A1 wheels is the place... :happy2:

Well done on the partial refund by the way.. :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 03:30:19 pm »
S3 Ed, strangley having read your thread and checking the offsets i was tempted to try to get some for the roc

it would appear when i said i wanted my VWR TDs for Inters I forgot to say this years event  :fighting: