Make a donation

Author Topic: Someone just ran into the side of my car  (Read 5756 times)

Saint Steve

Re: Someone just ran into the side of my car
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 10:29:25 pm »
 :congrats:

A superhero's work is never done  :laugh:

Offline excursion

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • mwstewart.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 04:16:10 pm »
I just saw the pics - that's not too bad at all; the majority of the marks on the paint work will T-Cut out.

www.mwstewart.co.uk

Mk5 R32 Mk3.5 Fiesta Project.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 08:17:27 pm »
I just saw the pics - that's not too bad at all; the majority of the marks on the paint work will T-Cut out.
..........no they won't mate. Plastic has buckled on the outer edge & the textured part on the lower bumper is too badley scraped torepair. Slight crease to metal on inner wing, both garages i went to for quotes both said bin & replace.Got a message from insurance that quotes have gone to there authorising dept so might be able to book it in for repair in a couple of days.
Might see if i can blag the lower bumper & get it smoothed & colour matched like a few on here have done. :smiley:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 02:08:00 pm »
Goes in on tuesday for repair. :smiley:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 04:23:17 pm »
That's good news Gene, hope it all gets sorted.  :happy2:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 12:50:55 pm »
That's good news Gene, hope it all gets sorted.  :happy2:
..........thanks Mandy.3 days worth to sort it out tho. :sad1:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 01:00:56 pm »
I'm sure it will be all worth it in the end.  :smiley:

Keep us updated...  :popcornsoda:

Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline scottg

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 06:18:14 pm »
Nightmare mate.

Offline marty341

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 08:02:24 pm »
..........no they won't mate. Plastic has buckled on the outer edge & the textured part on the lower bumper is too badley scraped torepair. Slight crease to metal on inner wing, both garages i went to for quotes both said bin & replace.Got a message from insurance that quotes have gone to there authorising dept so might be able to book it in for repair in a couple of days.
Might see if i can blag the lower bumper & get it smoothed & colour matched like a few on here have done. :smiley:
Just seen your pics Gene, sorry to see mate, ^^This is definatly the course i would pursue!

Good luck with it all. :smiley:

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 10:41:14 pm »
I hope he or his insurance pays up, a git drove into the side of my wifes GTI on a roundabout, said yes my fault at the incident, then afterwards said no 50:50 knock for knock, my insuarnce wasn't interested neither was the legal assistance guys (only about a £500 repair - new front wing) all said not worth it knock for knock, ignoring the fact that it would register as a fault claim and affect no claims and future insurance loading and not just on her car but our other two family cars as well, she was really pissed off about it and it was a BIG issue for her so I ended up researching case law, raising a small claims court claim and sending it to him and his insurer with all my reasoning case law and case, with no help at all from my insurance or legal assistance guys (who all said no way mate knock for knock) and what happened, as soon as they realised I was serious and they looked at my case the other guys insurer paid up immediately and I got my excess back and it recorded as a no fault claim.....but still really pissed off by the attitude of the insurance companies who are not there to do justice or support you, the customer, but just take a view on the lowest cost solution.

And you know what 4 weeks later a twat in a white van pulled out on me and damaged the front wing on my ed 30 and tried to do a runner - ha ha, spinter versus tuned ed30 no chance, when I pulled him over 5 miles on, he was all no didn't see you, didn't know I had hit you, sorry hands up, my fault, I took pics, of him, his van, my damage, and took all his details, he promised to pay and you know what.... refused to answer my calls, his employer was never notified and so says nothing happened no interest, same story with his insuarnce, police say no interest he exchanged details at the scene no crime committed, so what did I do, just got it repaired and swallowed the cost, too much hasseld to take him to court, I tell you its a full time job to sort these twats out via the court system, I did toy with the idea of a few mates and me going round to have a word with him, but knowing my luck I would end up inside,

just a couple of cautionary tales, hopefully your old git will inform his insurance it was his fault and they will pay up......

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 08:01:40 am »
The insurance company are sorting it for me. I've got protected no claims so going to let them fight it out.I just wanted it repaired  asap & it will be 3 weeks from it happing to getting it fixed so not bad. :smiley:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 04:37:13 pm »
So how's the repair going Gene??  :smiley:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 06:44:46 pm »
Hi Mandy.Bit pissed off to be fare. Got an email yesterday saying everything was going fine & it would be ready to pick up today around 17:00.
Got to around 16:00 & i thought i will just give them a quick call etc, girl says sorry not shure when it's ready will call you back  :surprised:.10 mins later calls back & say's sorry Steve won't be ready untill friday now !!!!!!! :fighting: there still putting it back together etc.
I might try & get the mirror cover i asked them to spray for me (nothing to do with the guy hitting me) done for free as compo for the delay.
I will  let you know when i get it back Mandy.  :smiley:  :happy2:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 08:59:29 am »
I can see why you're pissed off, I think I would be too if I was in the same boat as you! The thing is, you just have to keep on at them, which sounds like you are.

I'm guessing you mean Friday as in today and not next week, otherwise that would truly be shocking!  :surprised:

It would be a result if you don't have to pay anything for the mirror cover.  :happy2:

Oh yeah, I must really start calling you Steve, not Gene.  :signLOL:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 09:20:47 am »
Thanks Mandy & ''yes'' Steve is my real name  :happy2: :grin: .Just been a huge fan of Gene Hunt from the first episode of Life on Mars. :smiley: