Make a donation

Author Topic: Air con recharge  (Read 1951 times)

mezerik

Air con recharge
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:05:39 pm »
Does anyone know how many grammes need to go into a MKIV golf gti 1.8T

I had it vac'd out today by a fridge engineer at work and pressure tested. No leaks and he then put 740 g of refrigerant in the system. It blew lovely and cold. Later when I got in the car I turned the air con on and it blew cold for about 2 mins then got a bit warm and it was set on low on the climate control. I turned the ac off. Revved up to 2000 rpm. Turned ac on and revs dropped. Turnoff and they increase. So I know the compressor is kicking in but I'm wandering if the amount of refrigerant he put in is wrong.

Seems odd how it works when turned on but only for 2 mins

I know this is a MKV forum but I'm sure someone on here will know about MKIV's

Thanks in advance

Saint Steve

Re: Air con recharge
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:54:56 pm »
if no joy try here:

www.golfgti.co.uk in the mk4 section. Lots of info and mk4 model experts in there :happy2:

mezerik

Air con recharge
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 01:23:54 am »
Cheers mate. I'm getting a proper job done on tuesday by a guy that has the right kit and does cars everyday. My mate at the college I work at is a fridge engineer come lecturer and admitted that weighing the bottle on the hammered non calibrated scales at college was probably not accurate so could be over or under dosed. Either I understand will cause intermittent performance.

The guy doing the re gas is gonna do a diagnosis too and will only charge me £20 if it's not right after the re gas. At least then I'll either have an idea of what is wrong or if all goes well I'll not have sweaty bollocks on the way to work.

Offline carlsson

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Air con recharge
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:14:12 am »
there is a company down the st from me in leicester that can sort this out for you mate

they are doin my car on the weekend