Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!  (Read 91424 times)

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
Re: OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2011, 12:35:27 am »
Just noticed this. Was thinking the other day to make a PCB that does this instead of using discrete components, but it looks like someone has beaten me. Is the other PCB one available?

Other option is I might have a go at making mine and then get some PCBs made from one of these batch processing houses. We use the same colour surface mount LEDs at work so I know the part number for 'em.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2011, 12:41:22 am »
^^^^
Hey, Neo!

It's now after christmas and time I spoke to my mate Chris about mine and hence possibly for others. I thinks it's acquiring the PCB to mount Osrams he's currently stuck on, so I'll PM or phone you. As I understand it from Lee (apollo13), his Hungarian source won't continue supply. You might just be the missing jigsaw piece which makes it all happen.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2011, 11:36:57 pm »
Ive been trying to find the thread about the circuit boards from the guy that made them, he had pics etc and i remember him saying he wouldnt be doing anymore, might be able to get some board details off him to get some alternative supplier to make some.
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2011, 11:46:40 pm »
Ive been trying to find the thread about the circuit boards from the guy that made them, he had pics etc and i remember him saying he wouldnt be doing anymore, might be able to get some board details off him to get some alternative supplier to make some.

Let me know what you find. I'm looking into either finding some .scm files and PCB artwork or making my own and getting them made. Need to call one of Robin's contacts - I'll do that tomorrow and post an update.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2011, 03:12:39 pm »
Update:

Thanks to Neo aka cmdrfire for starting to liaise with my friend Chris so that this can eventually happen. I had a chat with Neo on thursday and Chris today and progress is being made.

Also, thanks to Lee aka apollo13 for his supportive info and encouragement and also bodger!

Time to start a separate thread with some specifics:  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24268.0.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:22:32 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2011, 06:04:23 pm »
Anyone interested in adding their name to the provisional list of those wanting Valeo inner units LED modified should please do so via this link:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24268.26.html  < Reply #26

It will help us get enough PCBs manufactured.

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2011, 11:26:04 am »
I would if I new where to buy the lights in the first place!!!  :confused:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2011, 11:37:01 am »

I would if I new where to buy the lights in the first place!!!  :confused:

....I have posted where (Kunzmann, Germany) in the linked thread (Reply #32). Refer to my Reply #140 above. HTH
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:44:54 am by RedRobin »

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2011, 12:12:29 pm »
Thanks Mr Robin, i missed that reply.  :love:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:49 pm »
The guy in Romania is Iulian, he's the guy who did my LED DRL's on the rocco, theres been a bit of concern on central about them failing (1 in 2).

You know if somebody went to Valeo with a made up sample with an order for 100 pairs initially. They'd probably get on wih it

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2011, 12:44:33 am »
IIRC apollo13 has experience of this Romanian guy and he doesn't want to supply any more. He's also not reputed to be that reliable, so I think we are better off without him.

The thought about approaching Valeo had also occurred to me but not until we have successfully completed ours. I think that cmdrfire's approach to the quality is the right one even though it will take longer.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2011, 09:29:19 am »
Yes its Iulian.

He told me he was'nt going to do anymore mods as he was busy with work commitments.

I sufferred a long wait with many excuses, although I received them in the end and they have been fine.

No problems at all and passed M.O.T with flying colours.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2011, 11:26:53 am »
The guy in Romania is Iulian, he's the guy who did my LED DRL's on the rocco, theres been a bit of concern on central about them failing (1 in 2).

You know if somebody went to Valeo with a made up sample with an order for 100 pairs initially. They'd probably get on wih it
Thought you might know someone who could help :-)
Getting Valeo to make them could be interesting, could save alot of work and should be easy to get 100 together in some sort of interforum GB
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2011, 02:23:16 pm »

I know Valeo - there's some involvement with them for work. Doubt they'd make a something from a customer samples, especially not for 100x units. What's the point anyway? If I still have to do the design work it doesn't make a difference whether it's made and assembled by Valeo or some other PCB house...

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2011, 11:37:27 am »
Anyone know where we can buy the Valeo LED rear lights from?

I bought mine from here and they were delivered within a week. Dont be put off that they are from Germany. :happy2:
http://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuning-styling-vw-golf-5-v-led-rear-lights-set-candy-red-for-vw-golf-5-v.htm
Are the candy red the same as the GTI's or are they the cherry red. I want the darker ones the same as my R32, ive confused myself which are which  :confused: