Make a donation

Author Topic: GAZZA and mr moat  (Read 4707 times)

Offline WYTHIT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: GAZZA and mr moat
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 03:15:29 pm »
not working for me?

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 03:17:04 pm »
working now  :ashamed:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 04:25:16 pm »
gazza sounds pretty drunk there its all a bit weird. now they say he was shot by a tazer, the guy in this pic seems to be enjoying himself  :stupid:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10583023.stm why is he pulling that stupid face?!!  :confused:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 04:28:41 pm by NB07 »
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:37:46 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10583023.stm why is he pulling that stupid face?!!  :confused:

I was trying to work out the same, and came to the conclusion that he must be gesticulating to the camera man to do one.

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:19 pm »
Poor Gazza, THE best player I have ever seen play for my team....and I'm including Brian Laudrup in that as well.

Sounds like the demon drink has got a hold of him again (not that it ever let him go). He needs big help or we will be commenting on his sad demise.  :sad1:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 08:04:03 am »
Moat did the best thing. At the end of the day he took a life & tried to take others. Country is skint & it would have cost thousands to keep him locked up for the rest of his life.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 01:22:00 pm »
Moat did the best thing. At the end of the day he took a life & tried to take others. Country is skint & it would have cost thousands to keep him locked up for the rest of his life.

millions not thousands.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 01:54:28 pm »
Average cost of keeping a high security inmate currently stands at just under £55k per year.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 04:52:50 pm »
I don't think it is as black and white as how much is would have cost to keep Raoul Moat in prison. What the nation watched was a man have a mental breakdown. Someone lost his life and two people were gravely injured, but nothing was achieved by the loss of yet another life. No-one can seriously say that was the best outcome.

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 03:48:01 pm »
I don't think it is as black and white as how much is would have cost to keep Raoul Moat in prison. What the nation watched was a man have a mental breakdown. Someone lost his life and two people were gravely injured, but nothing was achieved by the loss of yet another life. No-one can seriously say that was the best outcome.

I do!

So everyone who comes out of prison for violent offences, having spent his life beating people up, dealing in drugs, intimidating everyone he met, etc can get away with murder - literally- can plead "mental breakdown." He was, and always has been, a danger to anybody that dis-pleased him.
Even his own mother said he would be better off dead. And afterall he shot himself, he needn't have done.

Let's remember, the job of the police and the justice system is to protect innocent members of the public, all too often that doesn't happen these days.

TonyZ

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 03:58:46 pm »
i think its all a big scare mongering hoax!  :confused:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124733&page=14

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Saint Steve

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 04:05:10 pm »
Wonder if the shock of the taizer striking him, made him acidentlly pull on the trigger?

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 04:13:07 pm »
It's a sad reflection of society when people claim that others deserve to die. It's a horrifically inhumane view. No-one suggested that he should have been able to "get away with murder", simply that death wasn't the best option. The best option in my eyes would have been for him to face the consequences of his actions. Far too often in cases like these people steamroller in with ridiculous opinions based on not a lot of knowledge. You've got to remember how much of a role the media plays in situations like these - I'm not saying he wasn't all the things he was reported to be, but the press isn't renowned for the truth.

Let's remember, the job of the police and the justice system is to protect innocent members of the public, all too often that doesn't happen these days.

It's also the role of the Police to preserve life, and in this case they failed. I'm tempted to think he didn't shoot himself voluntarily anyway - that may have had something to do with being shot with two tasers!

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 07:00:21 pm »
gazza sounds pretty drunk there its all a bit weird. now they say he was shot by a tazer, the guy in this pic seems to be enjoying himself  :stupid:

I'm not convinced that picture that's been thrown around is entirely legit. Although I'm just an armchair dude and not so well versed about the UK police as I am about various militaries, there's three things that really throw me off about that pic:
1) Gurning dude's helmet with its funky "POLICE" font - that looks like the plastic helmets that airsoft SWAT wannabees wear. I've never seen a legit police kevlar LWH with "POLICE" written on it like that. The hlemt is also not done up right, and, although it may just be because it's not been done up right, the suspension on the helmet doesn't look like LWH suspension either. Again, looks more like the cheap plastic PASGT copies.

2) The firearm is what appears to be a G36K or a G36C, the angle makes it a bit difficult to tell. But I didn't know the police used G36 of either variety, MP5 of various types is more common (usually MP5A5) firing 9mm rounds; the G36 is chambered for rifle-calibre 5.56 NATO. Also, I'm not sure why there's an EOTECH sight on there, first I've ever seen of that in UK police use as well.

3) Dude holding the rifle has his finger inside the trigger guard; usually you rest your finger on the reciever, pulling it inside the trigger guard to fire. Less chance of accidental discharge this way. His front grip is also weird.

Thing is that TASER looks correct, but I'm no expert on them. So not sure what's going on in that pic really, quite a few strange inconsistencies which suggest to me it's not legit, but then it may be (as I say, I'm no expert on UK firearms officer training/equipment/behaviour).