Make a donation

Author Topic: My 2005 Mk 5 gti  (Read 6832 times)

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
My 2005 Mk 5 gti
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:53:48 pm »
just a few pics up of my gti as it was when i got it its currently in the bodyshop gettin colour coded gettin a front end respray due to stonechips and getting my 18" monzas painted black with a red pinstripe ill get some pics up as soon as it gets back im hoping friday

Offline vwrascal

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
Re: My 2005 Mk 5 gti
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:02:28 pm »
nice car pal, will look the shizz on monza 2's   :happy2: 

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:17:23 pm »
yeh even looked good when i fitted the whitewormed ones i bought but i couldnt argue at 270 for genuines with pirelli p zero tyres

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 09:26:48 pm »
Nice to see another black 5 door. Mine is in the body shop as well after having the rear bumper hit in a car park, get it back tomorrow.  :smiley:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 10:04:01 pm »
my cars are never out the bodyshop im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to keeping the paintwork good my mk4 gti nearly had a full respray by the time i was finished with it fixing wee bits and bobs looked nice tho

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:14:00 pm »
Very nice :)

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:53:28 pm »
Thats the second one ive seen recently with a couple of the fog light honeycomb removed at the bottom.  It isnt the full open grills for warmer climates, is this a mod youve done or just an oddity on some of the early cars? I dont suppose your car was parked in a field at silverstone and it was your car I saw?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 05:05:27 pm »
as far as i know the car came like this i dont know the reason for it and no that wasnt my car you saw

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 11:19:04 am »
Thats the second one ive seen recently with a couple of the fog light honeycomb removed at the bottom.  It isnt the full open grills for warmer climates, is this a mod youve done or just an oddity on some of the early cars? I dont suppose your car was parked in a field at silverstone and it was your car I saw?
..........mine is the same 05 reg.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

gaz b

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 11:46:04 am »
Regognise this whip Stu? thats my old whip you had!!!!! :laugh:

Small world right enough! :happy2:

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:12:19 pm »
yeh lovely car i bought it off stevie but unfortunatly he let it fall to pieces the skirts were hanging off and the wheels were all badly kerbed but i spent a small fortune fixing it up but it started to go wrong in january clutch went on it and the mot cost me 800 pound to get it through and things kept going wrong with it like doors bouncing the headlight washer system is a pain they kept braking i dont know if they were always a problem but i must have spent about £50 at dealers buying the wee bit that pops up they kept coming out lol i hope whoever has it now keeps it as well and i hope for their sake nuthin else went wrong with it cos it cost me a fortune would love to hear more about its history if it was always a problem car stevie said he always had to spend big money at mot time just not as big money as i had to

gaz b

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 09:10:06 pm »
I had the car for about 3 or 4 years stu. No probs at all. Bought it for motorway cars in Bathgate for about 10k! It had standard 15's on then I bought 17's then bought the 18" A8's brand new from skids in Falkirk. put the Jamex shocks and springs on . front air vents , front grille and wolfsburg edition badges were from awesome and the tailpipes were from freeflow in shotts. I got the car painted as well because the bonnet and spoiler and some other bits were going pink. that was done at Calder Coach Crafts.

Loved that car and sold it way tooo cheap to a guy from Bathgate. (Stephen I think?) Had phone calls from as far away as London and Wales offering more money but I had agreed a deal. He let it go badly, felt sick everytime I saw it! :sick:

Glad it eventually went to another good home though buddy. It wasn't fast but it bloody looked the part! :happy2:

Love your new GTI btw!  :wink:

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 09:59:27 pm »
did the votex bodykit come standard on the car or did u fit that cos they were put on with double sided tape i was told by my bodyshop when they bonded them back on but all the snow we had ripped one of them off just before i traded it in and i found out they were discontinued lol so it ended up getting pieced back together and stuck back on given a quick spray but looked terrible but i was not spending any more money on it the only skirts that wood fit and cover the kick up at the back would have been r32 ones and vw wanted about 2-3hundred for them so i had to call it a day the garage i traded it to were just sellign it on to some1 i got 2300 for it in the time i had it the whole front end was resprayed due to arches rusting the bumper fading and the laquer been blown off at a car wash in livingston i sourced an original grill didnt like the debadged one the roof was resprayed due to rust at the top of the windscreen the back bumper was resprayed due to paint peeling the 2 back quarters were sprayed one cause of a scuff round the back end thanks to stevie and the other due to a bit of rust starting in the corner and the side skirts were taken off sprayed and refitted and the wheels redone satin black

gaz b

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 08:47:53 am »
Holy smoke Stu! :surprised:  I bought the car with the kit on. I also gave the new owner the original grille incase he didn't like the debaged look. god knows where that went? When I sold the car It had just passed its MOT. from memory I think I just had to get the brakes done. That cost over £300. It never wanted for nothing when I had it.  :driver:

Hopr you have more luck with your new GTI! Are you Livi? I'm in Livingston quite alot so will keep an eye out for you! :happy2:

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 04:43:44 pm »
stevie told me he had the grill somewhere but he lost it he also lost the spare key lol even after all the money i had to spend on it it still never put me off gtis lol so i got myself this one had to have leather seats after the last one and i cant wait to see it with everything painted up still waiting on getting it back from the coachworks they are taking their sweet time with it but he told me on the phone i couldnt rush perfection lol i told him it better be perfection lol ill look out for u have u done any mods to make yours stand out a bit from your average gti