Make a donation

Author Topic: Alloy Gator rim protection?  (Read 4719 times)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Alloy Gator rim protection?
« on: July 18, 2010, 08:09:04 pm »
Has anybody any experience of these things?
www.alloygator.co.uk
Had a quick browse about, and they seem to be ambivalently received. Some like them & say they work. Others mutter about having to deflate the tyre & hammer them in, so the tyre bead sits on the gator, rather than the wheel rim. This leads to forum muttering about high speed stability.

Dunno really. Over to you, wise forum user...
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Alloy Gator rim protection?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 06:02:48 pm »
Nobody tried these? Seriously? :confused:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:13:03 pm »
Have you seen them on   :grin: , TBH i can see why people do it BUT i think of it like this, its making you rims look worse for the whole time you have them fitted just in case you kerb your alloys , then you sell the car and the new owner takes of the daft protectors and enjoys the nice rims you should have done when you owned it (hope you understand what i mean lol)

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 06:28:53 pm »
These seem to be taking off with a lot of people going on about them. I only just found out about them about a week ago and remain currently unconvinced........

www.alloygator.com for those who are interested

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:44:16 pm »
Have you seen them on   :grin: , TBH i can see why people do it BUT i think of it like this, its making you rims look worse for the whole time you have them fitted just in case you kerb your alloys , then you sell the car and the new owner takes of the daft protectors and enjoys the nice rims you should have done when you owned it (hope you understand what i mean lol)
Maybe so. But look at the number of 'alloy refurb' threads on here. Sombody out there needs a set :grin:

Offline Mackie1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 01:04:46 pm »
Not my cuppa tea thanks :sick:

Offline dougle_turbo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 03:03:21 pm »
But they do come in several colours......

In red on a black car, might just look okay/good???