Make a donation

Author Topic: unsucessfull re-map???  (Read 4341 times)

kierongti

Re: unsucessfull re-map???
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 07:25:34 pm »
right.... i have my first symptom i think???? the car IMO has started to slightly under perform as isnt as pokey and feels like the boost has been turned down....
when the car was running and performing as it should, it used to make a slight 'hiss' from the standard dump valve when you let your foot off the accelerator when on boost which i think is normal? Now this 'hiss'/whistle happens throughout the hole time the car is boosting and under performing.

i am hoping this is a faulty dump valve on the mechanical side or a split hose somewhere????

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 09:14:13 pm »
Certainly worth having a look at the DV.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

kierongti

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 06:46:57 pm »
had the DV replaced today and found it was torn in 3 places in the rubber section...i had the standard vw DV fitted but the revised version. car seems better now. am hoping that when i go back to try the re-map again that the car makes the higher boost this time...

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 09:20:37 am »
Cool. Let us know how it turns out.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 02:36:55 pm »
Im just down the road from you in Hemel if you ever need anything too.
Would be interested to know who you've taken your car too as you're close by as well.
Ant

kierongti

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 09:35:51 pm »
had the diverter valve done at a company in aylesbury called VAG Tune...there are very helpful and would use them again....they do all aspects from re-maps to mot to services and repairs....

kierongti

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 01:39:14 pm »
well went back and tried the re-map again and the car is now running 256bhp and 270lbs torque...really pleased with it. not as fast as i am used to, but lovely smooth power. really pleased....