Make a donation

Author Topic: Ed30 '07 - battery drain issues - last hope!  (Read 6929 times)

Offline gikseiman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Ed30 '07 - battery drain issues - last hope!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 03:11:17 pm »

Surprise, surprise the NEW battery never went flat again ....

PM me and I`ll give you my dealers details and if need be, you can get your dealer to call them and find out exactly what was done or what type of SPECIAL battery they used! :laugh:

Special battery  :drool: ...I like!  :signLOL:

Will PM you

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 09:18:35 pm »
I had the same problem with my car (2006 Plate) from new with a factory fitted MFD2, after leaving the car for more then a few days the battery would be dead.

Back to the dealer it went and they replaced the battery a few times.  It still happened for some time so I bought a Motor Boat / Motor Bike / Car - Battery conditioner and had that fitted to the car though out the week (My cars a weekend car) and then I had VW Assistance come out a few time with other things and he told me it was a known fault with some of that years batch...

I then took it to the dealer and left if with them for a few day`s, then picked it up and was told they could not find ANYTHING wrong but had changed the battery AGAIN.   

....My dealer was willing to do the tedious trial-and-error tests to hunt down the fault but advised me to start off by investigating my aftermarket parts (which we did and solved it). My VW dealer also told me that the 'Radio' F19 fuse (mine's aftermarket Alpine) battery drain was a known issue on a batch and sorted by a VW software update.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 10:21:57 pm »
2007 car, are you still in warranty??

Unfortunately came out of warranty this april, but the issue was happening whilst it was still in warranty so fortunately, they are still able to look at the fault free of charge because its re-occurring.

Throw it back at them until they find it then I think.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available