Make a donation

Author Topic: Shiney Leather  (Read 1471 times)

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
Shiney Leather
« on: August 28, 2010, 03:10:22 pm »
Hey folks

I need some help with recomendations for products for my interior.

Whilst hoovering my car today i noticed that my leather has gone really shiny and it can do with a really good clean so i need some recomendations with products.

Im open to suggestions but I do have one need. It must be easy and quick to use! Im not the kind of person to spend hours on end massaging my seats with my fingers the exterior paint work yes but for some reason i cant be bothered with giving the interior the same effort.

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Shiney Leather
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »
Have you not spoken to sitrep? Then again, if you spent more time on mw2, you'd have had answers by now! :grin:

Anyway I think it was JPC who said the vw leather has some kind of plastic coating or something so not a true leather surface.

Either way, I've had good results with gliptone and even better results with LTT leather care. Buy a proper brush to work in the cleaner.

The last I treated the car however, I used diluted APC, agitsted the "leather", wiped clean and treated with poorboys natural look dressing which also gave a great look. 

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 03:36:43 pm »
Have you not spoken to sitrep? Then again, if you spent more time on mw2, you'd have had answers by now! :grin:

Anyway I think it was JPC who said the vw leather has some kind of plastic coating or something so not a true leather surface.

Either way, I've had good results with gliptone and even better results with LTT leather care. Buy a proper brush to work in the cleaner.

The last I treated the car however, I used diluted APC, agitsted the "leather", wiped clean and treated with poorboys natural look dressing which also gave a great look. 

Sorry mate i thought id give it a break for a while and give you a chance to practice :fighting: Nah ive been away mate ill be on tonight tho to whoop your ass :evilgrin:

Whats Sitrep done then? Is he some kind of leather god (well it would explain his love for domination)

Where would i be able to purchase This LTT stuff?

Didnt the Natural look dressing leave your seats greasy? From my understanding its pointless applying any kind of feed or conditioner to the VW leather as it has some kind of coating as Jay has found out.

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 04:17:50 pm »
Didn't leave it greasy at all. But you're right about it being a bit pointless. I love the cleaner though. I got my LTT stuff from autoperfection in a kit. It was a bit costly at £45 though m

Sitrep's got a new car and it's got a leather interior. He's been raving on about gliptone. I reminded him it smelt like dead cows (so strong was the leather smell!).

See ya later  :happy2:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.