Make a donation

Author Topic: Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric) vs Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas  (Read 29954 times)

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric) vs Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 10:46:05 am »
Me again, daft question number 2. Is there any difference between Vredstein Sessantas, and the ultrac sessantas?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 11:26:39 am »

Me again, daft question number 2. Is there any difference between Vredstein Sessantas, and the ultrac sessantas?

....No difference according to her:

Vredestein is the name of the manufacturer.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 11:34:28 am »
Cheers Robin, What I meant was is there difference between the Vredstein Ultrac Sessantas or just the  Vredstein Sessantas? Think the seller just ran out of letters for the ebay title.
 :drinking:

Offline Kings

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 04:37:10 pm »
Cheers Robin, What I meant was is there difference between the Vredstein Ultrac Sessantas or just the  Vredstein Sessantas? Think the seller just ran out of letters for the ebay title.

They are one of the same, but be warned the Sessantas are being slowly replaced with the Ultrac Cento (I think), which is directional, not assymetric and doesn't seem to get as good reviews.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 06:48:25 pm »
^^ What makes you think that?

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 06:50:34 pm »

They are one of the same, but be warned the Sessantas are being slowly replaced with the Ultrac Cento (I think), which is directional, not assymetric and doesn't seem to get as good reviews.

Not true. The ulrac cento is their premium tyre which tackles low rolling resistance for improved fuel consumption etc.  The sessanta is their ultra high performance tyre which will continue.  see...http://www.vredestein.co.uk/Banden_Bandgroepen.asp?BandgroepID=1&BandtypeID=3&UsersessionID=49483454

Offline Kings

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 09:33:31 am »
I'm just passing on info from my local Vredestein dealer who hasn't said that in so many words, but implied it and they only seem to stock the Cento. They can still get hold of sessanta but direct order from the factory in Holland (could just be how they prefer to hold stock)
The last time a situation like this happened with another manufacturer (can't remember who, sorry) the pattern that was direct order was shortly taken out of production.

It would seem a very silly business plan from Vredestein, as the Sessanta is building up a loyal following, but Vredestein has been taken over by the Indian tyre manufacturer Apollo Tyres within the last 8 months(ish) so a new owner might want to put their own mark on the brand?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 12:07:10 pm »
^^^^
Someone senior in Goodyear-Dunlop (same company) was telling me that tyre manufacturers have a lot of problems with dealer's stories and their attempts to only sell what they have in stock themselves regardless of brand. It's the same old story about greedy middle-men who don't care what they sell as long as they sell.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 12:51:00 pm »
 :fighting:  :fighting:

Aaaaarrrrghhhh!!!! Two new ps3's on Monday from Costco, MOt on Saturday then on way back with window down hear...tick.tick.tick!!! Bleeding screw in new tyre!!! Off to friendly fitter guy's who are spot on for a quick repair £10...

Convinced that tyre companies are incentivizing employees to go out of an evening and spread nails and screws on the highway to drum up business. In the past 3 weeks I've had 2 punctures and 2 new tyres.. :sad1:

The miches are excellent though, can recommend...even for the back wheels only (I've got gyf1) on fronts.

Saint Steve

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 06:35:12 pm »
Thanks for your help guys, I think I'll go with the Vredesteins. You can't argue with the cost, and my past experience of them has been good, so it's a no brainer for me.

Camskill had them for £92 a corner with delivery inclusive.

much cheaper then your £424 quote.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:37:21 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:18 pm »
Thanks for your help guys, I think I'll go with the Vredesteins. You can't argue with the cost, and my past experience of them has been good, so it's a no brainer for me.

Camskill had them for £92 a corner with delivery inclusive.

much cheaper then your £424 quote.

My fitter charges £13 a corner so the Camskill cost only comes in £4 cheaper, but I have to faff around with taking delivery then arranging fitnent.

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 08:51:22 pm »
:fighting:  :fighting:

Aaaaarrrrghhhh!!!! Two new ps3's on Monday from Costco, MOt on Saturday then on way back with window down hear...tick.tick.tick!!! Bleeding screw in new tyre!!! Off to friendly fitter guy's who are spot on for a quick repair £10...

Convinced that tyre companies are incentivizing employees to go out of an evening and spread nails and screws on the highway to drum up business. In the past 3 weeks I've had 2 punctures and 2 new tyres.. :sad1:

The miches are excellent though, can recommend...even for the back wheels only (I've got gyf1) on fronts.

The exact same thing happened to me a few years ago, brand new michelin primacy's at about £140 a corner, 2 days later I hear this tick tick noise and found a coach bolt sticking through one of them.  Gutted wasn't the word ...
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=98ehnch61fkvi54kqrltta4ena&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 09:28:47 am »
Thread bump!!!

Vreds for £100.80.... or F1 aysms for £97!

What would you do?

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 09:33:02 am »
Never had Vreds, but the asyms were excellent - not PS2 excellent, but not PS2 prices either.

In the real world they're probably very similar in performance, what would swing it for me is the fact you can fully rotate the GYs, the Vreds are directional - in theory you can get much better use out of the 4.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:40:15 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=98ehnch61fkvi54kqrltta4ena&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 09:48:32 am »
Thanks mike! Im thinking of getting the GY, and putting them on the back bringing the conti 2s to the front, then changing them for GY Asyms once there are on the limit (so ending up with a full set of matched tyres.)