Make a donation

Author Topic: Photography Section....  (Read 1848 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Photography Section....
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:01:30 am »
Isn't the Photography Section meant to be for discussing the art and technique of photography? Rather than topics asking for Photoshop images to show what a particular wheel would look like on a particular colour car, and similar questions, etc.

If agreed, could the Photography Section be tidied up accordingly, please?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Photography Section....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:00:15 am »
Agree.

in fact, maybe have a photochop section where people can make these request would be a better idea?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:33:58 pm by stealthwolf »

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:33:44 pm »
I dont see a problem with a thread in there asking for a photoshop. That is indeed part of the modern process. its for photography in general.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:45:36 am »
^^^^
Ok, TC, it's just that I interpreted the Photography Section here differently - No problem  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 09:48:21 am »
Morning Gents

I agree with Robin. Perhaps a smaller thread within to ask for that and to keep tabs of what has been asked etc etc.

Uncle TC. Call me Bipolar. If you want I can clean it up.

I know I asked to be removed from the mods list, that however was during a period where things were a bit too hectic for me and I wanted space. I am in a position now where I will gladly resume duty as it and the detailing section does need some work.

Lemme know and I will get to it.

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 10:59:19 am »
^^^^
Good idea, Mike  :happy2: - Perhaps a sticky thread/folder specifically for "please can someone Photoshop my..." requests? Photoshop Requests?

It's natural to do so, and I'm the last person to be able to criticise going off-topic, but when the discussion progresses about wheels (the most common P'shop request) it would possibly serve people better under General where it wouldn't be so hidden.

I'm just thinking aloud and scribbling (not dribbling yet today) ideas in an effort to further enhance what is already a great forum web site.

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 04:08:16 pm »
Hey Robin

I agree with what is said. Perhaps a special thread.

Its up to Admin to decide whether they would like me once again working in the Photography Section.

Once I know then I will arrange all of it.

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 05:41:04 pm »
As i posted earlier, its not exactly over flowing with photochop threads  :chicken: so i really cant see a problem with it being in their. If you really are upset by it, i can move it to the random chat section.  :rolleye:

This a car based forum, and as such the photography section was set up for Mk5 pics primarily, its not the most busy section, so we really dont mind peeps using the section however they choose, as long as its relevant.
We are grateful if people put up help in getting more out of there camera's or just help in general on this subject, but our aim is not to add a general photography section to the forum, there are hundreds of photography forums out there for this.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 05:47:37 pm »
^^^^
Just to say I'm not at all upset by it, TC  :happy2: - I've grown to interpret the forum as a community of people with interests beyond cars and hence the thoughts I had.

No probs, mate  :drinking: - I understand your way of thinking/interpretation. Anyroadup, you know what I'm like - I can't help being different from everyone else whether I want to be or not!  :laugh:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ks40io062ogcdb56l056jigfld&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 12:54:57 am »
What about a Sticky for Photoshop requests.. at least that way they are consolidated into one thread!